Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ways to choose moderm

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 macbookpro

macbookpro

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:25 AM

Hello everyone!

My old Siemens SpeedStream 4100 modem is making a faint high pitch screeching sound. I also have been having issues online as well as email problems. I have finally come to the conclusion that its either my noisy modem or my slow 1.5 mbps DSL service.

I have been looking at modems online for a couple days and am getting quite confused at what to buy? Each time I view one I think will do the trick, reviews throw me off. Most reviewers keep calling them a router when the description clearly states modem. Many reviewers talk about putting the modem in bridge mode to work with their routers? I don't need a bridge.

I have a wireless router and just need a modem. My ISP says no prob but don't get one set for AT&T or Verizon which is understandable.
Any advise? I was thinking about the D-Link DSL-520B

I have Windows 7 64 bit, IE 11, TP-Link TL-WDR3600 router, security DVR wired to router, TV DVR using wireless, and another XP computer wired to router.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users