Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 tries to boot up in windows 7 ??

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 larbec69

larbec69

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:00 AM

I have a new Toshiba Satelite P855 laptop.  After an update, it went to reboot and now when it boots up it gives me 2 options, windows 7 or windows 8.1.  The roblem is I do not have windows 7 on my pc and never trued to install it.  If I allow it to reboot on its own with interfering it will just sit there with the wndows 7 logo on the screen trying to boot up.

How can I get rid of this trying to boot up into windows 7 and delete this so it only has windows 8.1?  I extended the time onboot up so I have time to arrow donws to the windows 8.1

Thanks

Attached File  securedownload.jpg   248.42KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 larbec69

larbec69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:13 AM

I have these certificates, not sure if this matters

Edited by larbec69, 01 March 2015 - 08:26 AM.

#3 gaberilde

gaberilde

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:47 AM

I have these certificates, not sure if this matters

download easy bcd when you open it click the windows 7 and hit remove hit save and never worry again

The Friget spinner is spreading like the WanaCry ransomware!

#4 larbec69

larbec69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:51 PM

I downloaded it but when i open it indicates I do not have anything to edit.  Is there something else Ineed to do?

Attached Files

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:58 AM

Hi larbec69 :)

Do you have any CD/DVD or a USB flash drive inserted/connected to your laptop right now?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 larbec69

larbec69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

DVD is built in my laptop. I ran updates this morning from Microsoft and it crashed half way through. When I started it back up it has 5 spots that say Windows 7 now and 1 that displays. windows 8 This is weird

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

Press on the Win Key + R button and enter msconfig, then press on Enter. In the new Windows that will open, click on the Boot tab. Take a screenshot of what you see and attach it in your next reply.

How to take a screenshot using the Snipping Tool
Follow the instructions below to take a screenshot using Windows' Snipping Tool:
  • Press on the Win Key + R to open the Run box;
  • Enter SnippingTool and press on Enter;
  • The Snipping Tool will open, asking you to choose the area to take in the screenshot;
  • Left click on the area where you want to start the screenshot, keep it, and drag the cursor across the screen;
  • Once done, release the left button to take the screenshot;
  • In the editing window, click on the File menu then Save As;
  • Save the screenshot in a folder that you can access easily;
  • Once done, attach that screenshot to your next reply;

Edited by Aura., 04 March 2015 - 12:32 PM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#8 gaberilde

gaberilde

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:57 PM

I downloaded it but when i open it indicates I do not have anything to edit.  Is there something else Ineed to do?

press f8 on the windows 8 select repair pc advanced troubleshoot command prompt and type bootrec /rebuildbcd hit enter and its gond if not try easy bcd again

The Friget spinner is spreading like the WanaCry ransomware!

#9 larbec69

larbec69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:23 PM

I noticed I can delete the windows 7 from here (-: and also make windows 7 as the default (-:

Attached Files

Edited by larbec69, 04 March 2015 - 07:25 PM.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

Then you know what you have to do left larbec :) Glad that everything worked out for you.

unite_blue.png

#11 larbec69

larbec69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:55 PM

Aura,

OMG, you are such a life saver, ya know I have bneen on and off the phone with MS today alone for 10 hours ..... TEN hours they were on my computer and OMG what ignorance and the things they were trying to do and the things they wanted me to try that I told them would not fix this issue.  They spoke english but they did not understand it I think.  They wanted to reformat my hard drive and I told them "I don;t think so"  How easy was this?  Its what you know thats for sure

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! :guitar:

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:56 PM

No problem larbec :) Wow, I could easily work for Microsoft then :lol:

unite_blue.png

#13 larbec69

larbec69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:30 AM

Aura,

Don't lower yourself. Lol. I know you were joking

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:53 AM

Well, I wouldn't mind working for Microsoft one day, but maybe at an higher level :P

unite_blue.png

#15 larbec69

larbec69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

They NEED people badly, I do not know if its becasue they are over seas and there is a language barrier or just ignorant and lack of trianing.  I want to believe MS is lacking the training PLUS they release software that is not uo and running and 100% and expect folks like us to fix it for THEM.  I had another issue years ago they could not figure out, I got so mad at them becasue they wanted to charge me to look at it.  After I paid them they had no clue how to fix the issue. I fixed it myself.  On a follow up call from MS to chek and see if I was still having issues, I told them no I fixwd it myself,  They asked what I did.  I said, well for $30 I would be more than glad to asssist them and i take paypal, they said...we can do that, my reoly was then I guess I won't be telling you what I did, how does it feel.....lol but errrr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users