Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are My Parts Compatible?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jettster

Jettster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:11 PM

Hey.

I'm new to this site, and I was wondering if I could get some help with my computer. From what I've seen, it says my computer is compatible with all the parts I've chosen. But I wanted some help on here, to make sure they will work. Below are a list of parts that I will be getting:

Just to give some perspective, I will be using the computer to record videos, play games, and render out edited videos. If you think there are better parts to suit the build, or if there are any parts that need to be exchanged, please tell me below. Also, I want to stay at least under $1,400

Thanks,

Jettster

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:48 PM

I checked motherboard, CPU and memory for compatibility, and even though I didn't see the specific ram you selected at MSI's listing of supported ram for your motherboard, Kingston and PCPartpicker both say it is compatible. I think that means you will be ok - I would expect Kingston to be the most up-to-date about that sort of thing. CPU fits the socket on your motherboard ok.

Don't you want to include an SSD in your build?

Also, I don't know much about liquid cooling, but I think you want a higher wattage PSU if you are going to liquid cool (600 Watts or more). If you might ever use crossfire, you want to plan on even higher wattage for when you eventually add an extra video card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users