Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

connecting MAC Mini to dell inspiron one 2330

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alow1332

alow1332

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:53 PM

I have a Dell inspiron one 2330 all in one and was wanting to connect it to a mac mini to use ut as the monitor. Does anyone know if the HDMI port is compatible with connecting it to a mac mini?

Edited by alow1332, 28 February 2015 - 04:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:56 PM

I think the HDMI socket on the Inspiron is an output. Dell says it is no longer available so doesn't publish specs but this review refers to the HDMI connector for driving a second monitor -

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/desktop-pc/3421056/dell-inspiron-one-2330-all-in-one-pc-review/

I might normally say 'suck it and see' but if I were you I would seek definite information on whether or not you can treat this HDMI socket as an input before you try it.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 alow1332

alow1332
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

Thank for your prompt response. I was able to connect it and theres a button on the side where you can switch the input to HDMI so it will act as an external monitor for the mac mini.

Again thank you for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users