Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 wont load past "starting windows" after extra hdd install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 static88

static88

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

I've searched the forums and couldnt find anything, so sorry if this has been asked before. I recently just built a new computer and everything was fine until i tried adding my three extra hard drives. I have a 3.5 inch hdd and two 2.5 inch hdds. The mobo is a asrock 980de3/u3s3 and the hdds are sata. When ever i first put all three in and had them plugged in, my computer wouldn't load past the "starting windows" screen. The windows logo would fade in and out like it supposed to but never finish loading. I unplugged all of the hard drives and plugged one in at a time and my computer would start and recognize the drive. All 3 of them. Then i finally figured out that the problem lies with the two 2.5 inch drives. if they are both plugged in, it wont load. I removed the two drives and put them back into my old computer that they came out of AND worked when plugged in at the same time. I now have the same problem. My old computer wont start up when they're both plugged in. I tried different cables and even different sata ports. nothing I erased and reformatted both drives with no luck. I have win 7 professional. I'm at a loss. Please help! If i didn't post enough info please let me know and sorry if i didn't.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 static88

static88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:25 AM

ok update. i got the 2 2.5 inch drive to work when both plugged in. i wiped both drives but in order to get the two to wrk, i had to unplug my 3.5 inch. im and going to try wiping and reformatting the 3.5 and see of that works. the 3.5 is a fairly old drive so it just might be past its prime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users