Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Temp Folder Being Rapidly Populated

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Khalspi

Khalspi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:06 AM

Hi

After noticing my hard drive light was constantly on I did a bit of digging and found that my temp folder was being filled constantly with randomly named, though sequenced, temporary files with 0 bytes each.

A friend of mine gave me a folder with a lot of software and told me to try each one which I did.  After experiencing a bit of issues with one (Combofix, which got stuck at stage 5 and then 33) I did some research which led me here.

The PC in question is offline, and I am trying to run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool but it has been at Processing files: Extra check for a while. I assume it has found the temp folder...

I'd appreciate any help in getting the FRST log and then in fixing my issue.

***FRST stopped responding so I restarted it. Everytime it scans an object it freezes then continues. Any help would be appreciated. I think the computer might die soon at this rate...***

Thanks

Edited by Khalspi, 28 February 2015 - 10:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rootk

Rootk

• Malware Response Team
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:40 PM

Hi. Do the following:

Please download TFC.exe - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer:
Alternate link: www.itxassociates.com/OT-Tools/TFC.exe
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Close any open windows, save your work.
  • Double click the TFC icon to run the program. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
    TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run,
  • Click the Start button to begin the process,
  • Allow TFC to run uninterrupted,
  • The program should not take long to finish its job.
  • Once it's finished, click OK to reboot.
Next, reboot your computer into safe mode and run FRST.

#3 Rootk

Rootk

• Malware Response Team
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:10 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users