Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop upgrade help?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wayspacedout

wayspacedout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:46 PM

So I bought a laptop from a friend for cheap mainly for movies etc but there are some games I'd like to play on it (though nothing very demanding, I have a desktop for those) and want to maybe upgrade the graphics card and/or CPU if possible, can anyone tell me what would be compatible with this model if so?

It's an

HP 15-1039wm

Windows 8.1

Hewlett-Packard 233F Motherboard

Intel Celeron N2830 2.16GHz Duel Core CPU

w/ 4GB RAM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:32 PM

Hi,
Sorry to that in a laptop, most probably except hard disk, RAM sticks and Optical drive, all other components are integrated to the motherboard (soldered on it permanently) and hence unremovable/upgradable. Hence your chances for GPU upgradation is not possible and your CPU upgradation is very narrow.
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:43 PM

As Nikhil_CV said laptop options are extremely limited.  Normally I only recommend RAM and hard drive upgrades.  While some laptops may have the ability to upgrade the graphics card they are all higher end laptops, not Celerons.

#4 wayspacedout

wayspacedout
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:12 PM

Ah ok, I was afraid of that. Thank you both!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users