Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Boot Error

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AMGeorge

AMGeorge

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:50 AM

Hi,

I have just managed to get Windows 10 to install on my Dell T3500 with much tinkering.

I now have the issue of windows 10 will try and boot, Get past the first screen, the screen will then go black for a few seconds then i am presented with a CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error.

I have the latest BIOS and have had Dell on the phone running diagnostics.

Do you have any suggestions about what i can do to make this work.

Thanks

AMGeorge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:33 PM

Hi, AMGeorge;

If the case was opened please reseat all hardware: CPU, HDD cabling, RAM. power to motherboard etc. Even if it wasn't opened; check it.

One may have to reinstall and take care when installing drivers.

One may also boot from external media and disable installed drivers and possible boot entries that may be offending (usually the last thing changed).

Edited by bludgard, 27 February 2015 - 09:35 PM.

#3 AMGeorge

AMGeorge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:08 AM

Hi,

I have reseated all of the hardware, it has made no difference to windows 10.

I have Windows 7 on one SSD in this system and then have installed Windows 10 on a HDD, Windows 7 works fine but windows 10 does not.

Thanks for the suggestions.

AMGeorge

#4 AMGeorge

AMGeorge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

I have managed to get it to work.

It took a full window 10 reinstall, and then it crashed a few times during set-up so a reboot was needed each time.

It took it 3 attempts to get through set-up and i have had a few crashes since it has started "working" but nothing major just system freezes.

#5 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:18 PM

Let it update fully and then we'll try troubleshooting. Make sure time and date are set correctly and don't disable too much until it is stable.

All that lag on new installs is MS communicating with machine; a lot of disk read/write and networking going on (even if one is not connected data is gathered).

Edit: Please create a backup image of the setup as is: Especially since the Win7 OS is healthy. If 7 is disconnected or cable select; make an image anyway. lol

Edited by bludgard, 28 February 2015 - 12:23 PM.

#6 NunoLava1998

NunoLava1998

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

Maybe WatchDogs's clock timed out? Just kidding.

#7 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:01 PM

Just to confirm: Installed 10 TP on a virtual machine and it takes about an hour and a half to actually settle in (on decent hardware - if hardware is lacking; it will take longer). 100% CPU usage, serious read/write on hard drive and networking like a bleep.  

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:14 AM

Ensure the temperatures are within standard and nothing's overheating. This stop code is a result of CPU became unresponsive and remains in a deadlock situation. One of the CPU core could be faulty or faulty device driver cause CPU unresponsive and lead to BSOD. Install latest device drivers for components attached to computer. 

Posted Image

#9 arena leo

arena leo

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:03 AM

Hi,

This can be a problem of unstable overclock.Either lower the clock speed or raise the voltage.It is possible that it can be a temperature problem.Try monitoring your temps .

#10 johnkevin

johnkevin

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:56 AM

Win 10 installation or faulty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users