Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some webpages won't load, out of options to try.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rictus

rictus

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:16 AM

OK so I've been trying to figure this out for over a week now. Some webpages load extreemly slow or just stay at a white page. Sometimes if I hit the "X" to stop loading the page a partially loaded page might come up.

It happens to all three of the browsers I have installed, Firefox (my main browser), Chrome and IE. Chrome seems to load a little more than the othe two but will time out alot on the pages.

Now this is only on a select few sites I happened to come across. First noticed it when I went to update CCleaner and pirisoft,com wouldn't load. Also have found a couple other sites doing it as well.

These pages all load on my phone and another computer connected to the same router. (Ethernet connection).

List of things I have tried that have resulted in nothing.

Checked Host file.

Tried switching to Open DNS and Google DNS

Checked Avira (free Version) and windows firewall for problems. Even tried disableing them.

Updated Windows (7 64 bit)

Tried releasing and renewing IP address

Uninstalled Firefox and Chrome and deleted all saved file to revert back to fresh, ran both with no addons.

Uninstalled and reinstalled all things Java and Flash.

Tried netsh winsock reset.

Updated ethernet driver.

Updated Nvidia graphics driver.

Did trace route, seems to connect there ok.

Posted at answers.micrsoft, no help there :(

Treid every imaginable setting possible in network settings.

Treid going into windows safe mode with networking.

I'm sure i treid more things that I can't remember.

Is there anything that can determine why a browser is not fully loading a site?

Thanks,

Rick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:10 AM

Did you check for proxy servers in your browser LAN settings?

Edited by Phantom010, 27 February 2015 - 08:10 AM.

#3 rictus

rictus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:45 AM

Hi, thanks for taking some time to read this.

I tried changing Firefox to "No Proxy" from the default "Use System Proxy Settings" but it seemed to make no difference.

Somebody told me to try and turn off auto detect network settings in IE, which I did, but that didn't do anything either.

I am not running any proxy (that I'm aware of) on my computer, most everything is set to the normal default settings.

I have to work all weekend 12 hours a day so I might not get to respond to any more posts until Monday.

Thanks

#4 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:14 PM

Have you tried running Firefox with no add-ons?

How to Start Firefox in Safe Mode (no add-ons)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please download AdwCleaner.

• Double-click the adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click Scan.
  • When the scan is finished, click Cleaning.
  • When the cleaning process is over, click Logfile and a Notepad window will be opened.
  • Please post the contents into your next reply.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please download and run the free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

• Select the language and click OK.
  • Accept the agreement.
  • Make sure the Enable the Free Trial box is deselected and the Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware box is selected, and then click on Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Scan Now.
  • The scan may take some time to complete, so please be patient.
  • When the scan is completed, click on Quarantine All.
  • Click on Copy to Clipboard.
  • Paste the contents into your next reply.
  • You may be prompted to restart the computer instead, to complete the removal process.
  • If indeed prompted, upon restart, launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and select History > Application Logs.
  • Find your Scan Log (the date when run will identify it).
  • Select the right box, then hit the View button. The History Log window will open.
  • At the bottom of that window are two options, Copy to Clipboard and Export.
  • Select Copy to Clipboard.
  • Paste the contents into your next reply.

#5 rictus

rictus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:38 PM

Hi Phantom, yah, I tried ADWCleaner and have ran malwarbytes a couple times. Malwarebytes doesn't find anything. ADWcleaner removed a cpouple things. I can try it again if you want.

The problem still persists when I boot into windows safe mode (windows 7) and run firefox in safe mode. (no addons)

So if it still does it in safe mode does this mean I might have a corrupt windows file somewhrere?

I tried to do a windows repair from the installation DVD only to find out if you have service pack 1 installed it breaks this option and it says it's incompatable.

It just blows my mind that my sons computer running the same antivirus and firewall, plugged into the ethernet jack right next to mind doesn't have this problem.

I'm going to research how to check for currupt files or do a system repair, if that don't do anything, I don't know.

Thanks

Updated: running windows repair from the F8 menu didn't find any bad files.

2nd Update: un-installed a bunch of programs, didn't noticce anything but when I ran repair on .net ver 4.5.2 install that seemd to make some of the webpages work.

I don't have any version of 3 installed, would need to would I?

All except piriform.com. Makes me wonder if I need an older version of .net or is there something else that is similar that might need installed? C++ runtimes or reditibutable wouldn't make a difference would it?

Edited by rictus, 03 March 2015 - 02:27 AM.

#6 rictus

rictus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:30 PM

OK it does seem that piriform is loading now. I think I did fix it with the .net fix after all. Must of had to refresh the cache or something because it works now.

So in the end I think it was the .net framework. Although I did un-install a bunch of things so who knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users