Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Laptop Screen Flickers Badly

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ayresd43

ayresd43

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:02 AM

My laptop screen flickers really badly. At first I thought it was the wifi, then I ran a virus scan. no luck. I SPENT Money and got a new screen. Now, I'm here at BC. HELP!

Edited by hamluis, 01 March 2015 - 11:26 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:04 AM

If you have access to an external monitor use it to see if the problem persists.

Depending on the laptop you may have to switch between the laptop display and the monitor.  If you provide me with the make and model of this laptop I can find this information for you.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 ayresd43

ayresd43
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:07 AM

Toshiba Satellite L675

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:32 AM

With the L675 series the laptop should switch between the two automatically.

If this proves not to be the case you will need to provide me with the complete model.  The L675 has a dash and S7 followed by three more numbers.  Example L675-S7018.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 ayresd43

ayresd43
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:35 PM

I don't have access to an external screen. My computer repair man does but I'm trying to avoid him this time around.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:03 AM

Do you have a friend who would be willing to help out here?

By using an external monitor we can determine if the problem is with the laptop display, or with the graphics card.

Edited by dc3, 28 February 2015 - 10:05 AM.

#7 ayresd43

ayresd43
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:49 AM

Well, I need to go visit my techie next week and let him use his monitor. For right now, I was able to go in and set Windows 7 to do what would contribute to "best performance." My refresh rate isn't able to go above 60hz which is a manufacturing fiasco! In the meantime, if you have any better suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:59 AM

My refresh rate isn't able to go above 60hz which is a manufacturing fiasco!

If you live in the United States your either 110 Volts or 220 Volts at 60 Hrz (Cycles).  This is what all of the electrical devices are designed to operate on.  You can change this.

Surely you have a friend or coworker who can let you use their monitor for a five minutes check.  This would not affect the monitor.  I suspect that this "tech" will want you to hire them to repair this computer.  But with an external monitor you would be able to at least determine where the problem is originating from, and we may be able to walk you through the repair.

#9 RobertHD

RobertHD

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:55 PM

Are you running Windows 8

Robert James Crawley Klopp

#10 ayresd43

ayresd43
  • Topic Starter