Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome 5 to 10 seconds delay before start loading page

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 saoul

saoul

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:31 PM

Hi All,

I have noticed a quite annoying delay in google chrome (Btw I just reinstalled it now).

It takes between 5 to 10 seconds (Sometimes more) for it to start loading any address i enter. For instance, entering www.bleepingcomputer.com then hitting enter, there will be an unepected wait/delay/silence for many seconds before the browser start trying to lookup and load the page.

Second observation: Navigating to a link within an already opened website loads instantly (This means that the problem only occurs when i enter new website)

Third Observation: Navigating to bleepingcomputers.com from a tab with www.yahoo.com already loaded will firstly read "waiting for y3.analytics.yahoo.com" for some seconds before starting to load the new web. While navigating to a site from a new tab will also say waiting for www.google.com before starting to load the new web.

Please help..

Thanks.

Ps: I have latest version of chrome

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gazter

gazter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:41 PM

I have found, as weird as it seems, if you remove the tick from the 'automatic detect settings' option within the internet options dialogue box from control panel, connections, lan connection, ive found this can take a few seconds off the start, especially the 'stall'.

#3 NotAnElf

NotAnElf

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

Could be worth doing a tracert from the command line to some of the affected sites see if there are any unduly high response times. If you also try navigating to the same sites with another browser, see if the issues are still occurring.

#4 saoul

saoul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:09 PM

I have found, as weird as it seems, if you remove the tick from the 'automatic detect settings' option within the internet options dialogue box from control panel, connections, lan connection, ive found this can take a few seconds off the start, especially the 'stall'.

I think this worked for me

#5 thrashzone_ua

thrashzone_ua

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:41 PM

I had the same problem with my Chrome and I was really angry. And here is my solution: I've just uninstall Avast. That's all.

My parameters: Windows 8.1 64-bit, Chrome 32-bit, version 43.0.2357.130 m.

#6 dmitrik23

dmitrik23

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:11 AM

i have found a solution after a day of ivestigation

There is portable beta 57 of chrome. this version work normal without this time delay before loading page,

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable

download GoogleChromePortableDev_57.0.2970.0

(http://downloads.sourceforge.net/portableapps/GoogleChromePortableDev_57.0.2970.0_online.paf.exe)

and another one point.

please be sure you are turned off hardware acceleration

http://www.solveyourtech.com/turn-hardware-acceleration-google-chrome/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users