Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need mac help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Enoch07

Enoch07

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:26 PM

I am running os x Yosemite. I have 480 GB of available storage. Every application i use (except safari and text edit) is not working. For example, if I open Photo Booth, nothing happens. I press cmd+opt+esc and it says not responding. then i have to force quit. This happens with every other program. In audacity i can open it and record things. but if i save the project, i get a beach ball and i have to force quit. If i try to make a video call in Skype, same thing. All of these also happen with the adobesuite. No program will work. For some reason, the programs only work in safe boot. I tried verifying and repairing disk permissions. That did not work. I tried uninstalling everything program on my mac (except default programs). I even went as far as reinstalling os x all together. Not even that solved the problem. My mac had to be taken back to the store. They said nothing was wrong with it. What could be the problem. I don't think it's a hardware issue. Don't think it could be a software issue either because I reinstalled the entire os. So what could be the problem? I don't to us my computer in safe boot because my Wacom tablet will not work and the computer will be slow. Please give me a solution. This mac is the only computer I have and I need it to animate. Here are links to 2 videos so you can see the problem for yourself.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=por7J_2e8sQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzCRJNfl0BA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:45 PM

Create a new user account. Log into it and try the apps. Does the same thing happen?

#3 Enoch07

Enoch07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:11 AM

Create a new user account. Log into it and try the apps. Does the same thing happen?

Yes

#4 dante12

dante12

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

Was you System-Reinstall a clean Installation? Possible you have bad fonts installed or your System-/ and User-Cache need a reorganisation. 

For test try following:

Search in

~/Library/Caches  (Library in your User-Account)

and remove (not delete!) the photobooth entries. Restart your mac and try if photobooth is running.

Edited by dante12, 27 February 2015 - 11:30 AM.

#5 Enoch07

Enoch07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

Was you System-Reinstall a clean Installation? Possible you have bad fonts installed or your System-/ and User-Cache need a reorganisation. 

For test try following:

Search in

~/Library/Caches  (Library in your User-Account)

and remove (not delete!) the photobooth entries. Restart your mac and try if photobooth is running.

I don't see any Photo Booth entries: http://enoch23.deviantart.com/art/Screen-Shot-2015-02-27-at-3-42-25-PM-516883243?ga_submit_new=10%253A1425073933

#6 dante12

dante12

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:33 AM

Have you repair disk permissions in safe boot? If you're not done do that first.

Reset your NVRAM

Reset your SMC

#7 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:59 AM

For some reason, the programs only work in safe boot.

OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users