Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Windows 8.1 Sound problem and youtube keeps throwing errors at me.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DarkSerenity

DarkSerenity

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:14 PM

Hello!

Okey I have 1 big problem and 1 not so much (maybe).
In the beginning of February I lost my sound,I noticed that there is red X on my sound icon and usually I have it when I mute my sound but when I clicked the button to add sound it did nothing so I asked my fried for help and he few days later logged in my computer through Logmein account and found out that my virus remover AVG probably deleted one of my sound files and now I dont have any sound at all. He downloaded punch of programs and I had some PUP´s but according to the scans nothing serious. He also tried to restore the deleted file with one program but it didnt get it back and we also tried copy&paste...he sent me the sound file ( he also has windows 8) and I tried to import it to Registry Editor and that didnt work either or I probably did something wrong when I troubleshoot it , it said that ´´One or more audio service isn´t running´ and ´´Troubleshooting was unable automatically fix all of the issues found.´´

``Windows Audio - NOT running
Windows Audio End Point Builder - running

both of these services need to be running for sound

Error 0x800706cc: The endpoint is a duplicate``
  - Thats what my friend found out.   

Not sure if its my computer or youtube but he also found a video in youtube that might of helped me but when it plays it for few seconds it crashes and tells me that there is error and I should try later again, tried later again and same thing but when I play a video in another site (not youtube video) it plays longer then few seconds, also 2 of my games were extremely slow and loading the new scenes took long to load and when it was loading the screen was black.

I have Windows 8.1, Dell 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor and 6.00 GB RAM. Processor: Intel® Core ™ i3-3227U CPU @ 1.90 GHz 1.90GHz  (Not sure if that info is needed but just incase). Okey I hope im not the only one with that kind of problem hehe...And I thank in advance for even taking time to read and think about my problem...I have managed for a month soo I can wait a longer.

Good Night/Have a Nice Day!!

Edited by DarkSerenity, 26 February 2015 - 07:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:48 AM

Try a System Restore to a time before the problem began. If you have such a Restore point available.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567844/keyboard-no-longer-functions-after-plugging-in-external-keyboard/#entry3635115

#3 DarkSerenity

DarkSerenity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:24 AM

Hello!

I tried that and it tell´s me that:

´´System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer´s system files and settings were not changed.
Details:
The specified restore point is missing or corrupt. Try again using another restore point. (0x81000201)

You can try System Restore again and choose a different restore point. If you continue to see this error, you can try an advanced recovery method. ´´

I tried 3 times just incase and still same text.

#4 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:32 PM

The next logical thing to try is the System File Checker (sfc /scannow)

The text below is copied from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566060/some-mixed-weird-problems-with-81/?p=3626568 Credit goes to User: 'Go The Power'

SFC /SCANNOW

• Right click on the aa922834-ed43-40f1-8830-d5507badb56c_39. button
  • Click on Command prompt (Admin) => Press Yes on the prompt
  • Inside the Command Prompt window copy and paste the following command: SFC /SCANNOW
  • Press Enter
  • Please wait for this to Finish before continuing with rest of the steps.

Convert CBS.log to CBS.txt

• Right click on the aa922834-ed43-40f1-8830-d5507badb56c_39. button
  • Click on Run => Inside the run box copy and paste the following command:cmd /c copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"
  • Press Enter
  • Once this has completed please go to your Desktop and you will find CBS.txt => Please upload CBS.txt to this thread

Please Note:: if the file is too big to upload to you next post please upload via Dropbox or One Drive

#5 DarkSerenity

DarkSerenity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:53 PM

Hello!

Ok here goes nothing.https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7jth576w8kejg3/cbs.txt?dl=0

#6 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:11 PM

System Restore - fail

sfc /scannow - fail

If you have not run it already try running the Windows Fixit for sound:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/AudioRecording/en-us

Let's assume that it not going to work :) :smash:

We have two options I think.

We can scan with more programs to find what caused the problem. However it is unknown if we will find the cause or even fix the problem. After all if the Fixit does not work ...

The second option is to use Windows 8 Refresh option

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

"

Refreshing your PC without affecting your files

If your PC isn't performing as well as it once did, and you don't know why, you can refresh your PC without deleting any of your personal files or changing your settings.

"

Edited by HairCut, 28 February 2015 - 06:13 PM.

#7 DarkSerenity

DarkSerenity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:39 PM

Hey!

Yeah the scan didnt work soo probably better if I use the refresh option, but I have a question about that. It tells me I need to download the programs from discs or files again after it refreshes my computer. It gave me BIG list of the programs like:

Dell Backup and Recovery

Dell Digital Delivery

Dell SupportAssist

Dell Touchpad

Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and update service (not sure how important that program is)

Intel® Management Engine Components

Intel® Processor Graphics

Intel® Rapid Storage technology

Intel® WiDi

Intel Driver update utility

Intel PROSet/wireless software

NIVIDIA PhysX

Quickset64 (again not sure how important it is)

Realtek High Definition audio driver

Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader

Smart Menu

Windows Live Essentials

I have more programs but these felt like I need some disc for those programs what I dont because when I bought this laptop I got no disc with it...soo does that mean I am in big trouble?

#8 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:07 PM

Seems like it will be easier to Backup your important files to DVDs, Pen-drives or external hard drive and use Dell Backup and recovery to reset your computer to Factory default condition.

There's a video here: http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN179202/EN

(It plays in the Google Chrome browser)

#9 DarkSerenity

DarkSerenity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:02 AM

Hey!

Okey Dell Backup wont work for me because its not availble in my area soo I cant use that and it needs premium upgrade too and I just have the free one I guess, is there any other way to back up my files and stuff?

Or in data it means all the files I have downloaded like games and videos and pictures because that I could just copy&paste on dvd´s and games download later. I am sorry not good at understanding that stuff, I watched that video and actually stumbled on that Dell Recovery thing yesterday lol and I tried the first version but ended up waiting for it to scan my personal files for about 9 hrs., it either froze or I just have too many files to scan.

#10 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:41 AM

There are many ways to Backup your files. Windows 8 has a Program called File History with which you can create Backups of you files. (Search for it in the search Charm) http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/set-drive-file-history You'd need an external drive. This is one way and if you have a suitable drive that could be the best way. Other ways include third party free software or just burn the files to DVDs as you have mentioned.

If you don't have a big enough drive and need to save your files to DVDs it could take a lot of time and organising. (Depending on the quantity and size of your files)

I'm looking at the list of programs you might need to re-install after a system Refresh and most can be downloaded either from Dell or other sources eg Intel.

If you don't have an external disk large enough to backup your files I would re-consider the Refresh option.

Please visit Dell support. Click 'detect your product' and check the list of Programs that Dell makes available for you to download for your Computer.

Note: Backing up your files is important because if they are not backed up you always risk losing them.

Edited by HairCut, 02 March 2015 - 08:47 AM.

#11 DarkSerenity

DarkSerenity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:59 PM

Hey!

Yeah it told me it has about 60GB to put on dvd´s soo I doubt there are any places that sell that big disc lol, and memory sticks that big probably cost more then going to repairment. Appearently I have no disk to find, I tried andit said no disk were found...But on Dells page if I put my product ID in would it get me those programs? because these were there before I bought this laptop...And if I dont have Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader how can I use USBs then? because I have modem and that needs usb connection...and I know that I sound like really stupid person but these things give me more questions and I dont want to mess up as usual...soo Sorry!

#12 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:35 PM

Hi, Did you discover which of those programs Dell supplies when you auto detected your Computer?

Don't worry about Realtek USB Card Reader it "supports access to CompactFlash™ (CF), MicroDrive, Memory Stick™ (MS), Memory Stick PRO™"

not to the standard USB ports which you are using to connect your modem. That is handled by Windows and the drivets for the devuce, You can download that before Refreshing. If you don't already have that on cd

Edited by HairCut, 02 March 2015 - 07:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users