Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cmd language problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gtu1234

gtu1234

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:25 AM

My cmd has a problem with language, i have windows 7 ultimate 64x bit in greek.When i open cmd letters appear like this

mWVURYw.jpg

zBVUUHF.jpg

What can i do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:52 PM

Hi,
Was Greek the default language or you installed a language pack?
After opening the command prompt, try running the command below :
chcp 65001
ref : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd317756(v=vs.85).aspx
Also, try changing the font .
Ref : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-your-font-settings
Post back your observations.

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 26 February 2015 - 12:58 PM.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 gtu1234

gtu1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:35 PM

Greek is my default language.I used the command and work, but do i have to use command every time i use cmd?Thanks anyway.

#4 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:18 AM

Hi gtu1234,
Thanks for your reply.
If you need to change the codepage for temporary use of that command is enough. For making permanent/default modification,
1. Start > Run > regedit > press 'enter' > accept UAC prompt if any.
Right-Click on 'Computer' > 'Export' > type a filename > Save.
Ref: Back up the registry or kb article or Backup and Restore Registry
2. Start > Run > regedit > press 'enter' > accept UAC prompt if any. (if you closed the previous regedit window.
3. Navigate to
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\Autorun]
4. Change the value to
chcp 65001
Or
5. Navigate to :
[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor] 
6. and change the value of
"AutoRun" to
chcp 65001
7. Restart and check to verify and update this thread.
If you didnt find the correct registry path 'Autorun',
a) Rightclick on 'Command Processor ' at that path > New > String value > Type 'Autorun' > Right-click on Autorun > Modify > In Value data, type 'chcp 65001' > ok.
Exit and restart, reply back your observation. Dont forget to backup your registry before attempting any of these steps.

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 27 February 2015 - 07:00 AM.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:59 AM

To backup the registry please down load and install Tweaking.com Registry Backup.

Play the video below for operating instructions.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 gtu1234

gtu1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:54 AM

Thanks you, it worked fine with no problems. :thumbup2:

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:56 AM

Edited to change post.

Glad to hear it.

Edited by dc3, 27 February 2015 - 11:58 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:17 PM

Good luck, gtu1234. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users