Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Please help solve my browser problem.... slow....!!!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Layfield50

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:16 AM

I have two desktop computers both running windows 7 and both connected to the internet wirelessly using the same Asus wireless router. The one PC runs just great and the other takes forever (15-20 seconds) to bring up a web page. When I use "Speedtest.net" to measure download speed the one gets 45-55 Mb/sec and the other will not even run let alone report a speed.

I run System Mechanic Pro on both as well as MalwareBytes and CCleaner now and then. The PC with the problem has always performed wonderfully until about a week ago. I have tried Firefox, IE, and Chrome but the results are the same for all browsers. I have also connected to the router directly with CAT 5 and it makes no difference. I have no idea what has caused this nor do I know what to do to fix it.

I would really appreciate having help in performing further troubleshooting and getting this machine back to normal.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rtccmichael

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:52 PM

If possible, try plugging the computer directly in to the router to rule out the wifi card as a problem. 

In Internet Explorer, go into Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings. If anything in there is checked, uncheck it.

To test connectivity, go into Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd.exe) and type: ping google.com

See what kind of ping times you get. You should probably be getting under 30ms pings. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users