Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aspire E1-510P-2671-Used Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skhooks1

skhooks1

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:05 AM

I had posted this topic earlier this week about whether to purchase this used laptop. It seems it jumps or hangs when on the internet and possible other programs.

I need to run virus scans and another relative scans to see if I would like to purchase this laptop. I am now down to 3 days (Sunday) to be able to return it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:11 AM

I mentioned in the other post that you should be able to hit Alt F10 to put the system back to factory specs, it is worth trying.  It formats the drive which should rid it of any pest items, you will need to update or replace the antivirus software as I did did on mine.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/54048-63-restore-acer-aspire-factory-settings

Edited by OldPhil, 26 February 2015 - 08:14 AM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,612 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:06 AM

You are interested in our opinion as to whether or not to buy the computer

OldPhil has posted a solution to put the system back to factory specs & I second that recommendation (Free)

--- After that create a system repair disc (Free)

--- Complete all Windows Updates (Free)

--- Create a system image onto an external hard drive in its pristine condition

------ An external hard drive will cost a few dollars if you don't have one but it's worth the investment as Win7 life cycle extends into Jan 2020

In my opinion buy it only if it meets your expectations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users