Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hp pavilion HP P199SA laptop, whats it like please?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LouiseTopp

LouiseTopp

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:28 AM

Can anyone tell me what the hp pavilion HP P199SA laptop is like please?

I would like to use it for my photography needs, eg transferring info on a memory stick to my pc and back which is Windows 7.

Laptop has Windows 8 on it, but I will upgrade to 8.1 if possible. Also has one tb with 4G and is an I5.

I have seen a display model in Currys for £398.97 and I’m tempted.

Advice most welcome please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rtccmichael

rtccmichael

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:48 PM

If you're doing photo editing you might want something a little more powerful. Many photo editing applications require a lot of resources, and you'd especially want to look at the graphic card as well. With that said, it seems like a decent price for i5 / 1TB / 4GB. Upgrade to Windows 8.1 would be free if it has Windows 8. If you're not doing photo editing and just need it store and view pictures, it should be fine!

#3 LouiseTopp

LouiseTopp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:08 PM

Hi I wanted to pay for it in instalments but have ben told that Currys would add interest, and this has put me off.  I am now searching Argos and would like to know if Asus make good laptops? 

I also want something portable to browse the net while not at desk.  I did want to do photo editing on lightroom on laptop, so it wouldn't be possible with this machine?

#4 rtccmichael

rtccmichael

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:40 PM

Asus generally makes good laptops. I have an Asus netbook and it works very well.

Lightroom should work, it will just be slow.

#5 rtccmichael

rtccmichael

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:42 PM

Here are the Adobe Lightroom requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/system-requirements.html

#6 LouiseTopp

LouiseTopp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:35 PM

Is there a similar programme to Lightroom please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users