Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Peach OSI - denied access

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:04 AM

This might be a short Topic if there is a simple answer.

I take an unusual approach here by posing a question before fleshing out my circumstances, as I research a little more.

Has anyone ELSE had problems the last few days in accessing the Peach site?

My attempts to do same result in a 403 error.

If I wanted a longer Topic Title, I'd call it:

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CC0QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.peachosi.com%2Fabout&ei=StbuVJmGGuG6mAWVg4DYBg&usg=AFQjCNFurpZ_bmc_mzAUfRkBsY34DqKsbg&sig2=GGahR18IbolW2aJEvVaAdg&bvm=bv.86956481,d.dGY115.69.56.60www.peachosi.com

...or not, but that is what I get when trying to access via

http://www.peachosi.com/about

... this from two different editions/versions on Firefox, two different computers, with mine running Linux Mint Mate 17 and Zorin OS9, and TimNet, and Elaine's working very successfully on PeachOSI BB (Bare Bones).

Not trying to tease you all, but I'll be busy about and away next 48 - 72 hours.

Please register your interest or input, and I will address all comers and provide more when I am free.

I will try to get back to this (by) Monday morning eastern Oz time, that will be Sunday for most of you, unless you are Kiwi, Japanese, or Indian or Hong Kong, or even Vietnam (hint, hint,

Alexstrasza

Thanks

:wizardball: Wizard

BTW I did not put that first link did, BC's software got too smart for itself (or me), oh well.

Edited - added BTW

Edited by wizardfromoz, 26 February 2015 - 04:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:14 AM

Fine here.

workspace-1_005.png

#3 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:20 AM

Works fine for me too.

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,556 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:23 AM

This is a local problem Wiz.

Some problems are more complicated than others and require additional work to isolate the issue. So, try not to overwhelm the user with possible conflicting information during the troubleshooting process. Wait for the user to report back that step 1 is done and the result before suggesting anything new,

Be Verbose
When you ask for support you should also include as much information about the problem as possible. Including all of the important details in your first post will greatly speed up the entire support process and allow our volunteers to better assist you. While you may think a particular error message isn't very helpful, it may be the key to resolving your issue. Some details we are looking for would include, but not be limited to:

•     Your distribution's name (Mint, Ubuntu, Debian, etc), version (17, 14.04, 7, etc), and architecture (32-bit, 64-bit).
  •     Provide relevant information about your physical hardware or installed software.
  •     Share relevant log files, screenshots, detailed error messages, or anything else that could be used to troubleshoot your issue.

[Community Standards] Properly Giving & Receiving GNU/Linux Support

#5 shadow-warrior

shadow-warrior

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:10 AM

I saw the same question on Distrowatch 2days ? ago  and it worked fine for me then . and still does

#6 heyyou325

heyyou325

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:35 AM

Works good here too wiz.

#7 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

downforeveryoneorjustme

#8 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:14 AM

It might look like I started aTopic and then deserted it, regret that - unavoidable personal matters.

I am continuing on the trail of solving this problem (which continues), and will flesh this out more with screenshots and or a video I hope to compile this weekend.

Thanks to all contributors so far, and hollowface I love that link!

Stay tuned

:wizardball: Wiz

#9 shadow-warrior

shadow-warrior

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

Heres another Connectivity tester  ..this checker you can test connectivity from different areas ...and from your name etc I deduce your from Austrailia    i just checked it from Melbourne and Sydney  and both working though  Sydney was slow on DNS

https://www.site24x7.com/public/t/results-1425577178344.html

#10 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:53 AM

It might look like I started aTopic and then deserted it

There's no rush.

I am continuing on the trail of solving this problem (which continues)

I look forward to it. This is an interesting issue.

hollowface I love that link!

:)

#11 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:17 AM

Yes, I am also curious to know where this topic is going.

Take your time, Wiz. :)

#12 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,556 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:34 AM

IMO for some reason your Ip address is banned, One of the reasons this can happen is if somebody is DDosing the site and the site administrator bans the whole IP range.

You would need to email the site administrator about this.

#13 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:17 AM

Noted, Al & Nick, with thanks.

I know that I still have to flesh out the problem history more, and the diagnostic efforts I have undertaken so far, and causes ruled out per same results.

But for now, I have :

1. Got an email address for PeachOSI - via my ISP, as i cannot even access the site  AND
  2. Got in touch with spamlaws.com,to whom I am redirected by clicking the 403 error I get when I try to access any Peach URL.

Will keep you posted, but keep the input coming, thanks.

:wizardball: Wiz

BTW - I had a similar problem over 10 years ago, but with email addresses, rather than websites - my ISP had found its way onto a BlackList . but that's another story.

#14 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:52 AM

Even if you don't get access to the site, which you should, I just did, I don't see you missing out on much. Our forum has more Topics in 5 minutes than they have in total (7)! Out of those, all but one is over 3 months old. 

http://www.peachosi.com/?q=forum

They're also in the business of selling media, but all of the versions (even 'The Works') can be downloaded at no charge. 

It seems that they've written an OS, but wants the rest of the Linux community to support it. Not a good way of administrating an distro, and on DistroWatch, aren't in the Top 100, nor the top 150. So if you do get it, don't expect any assistance from the distributors of the OS, something that strikes me as being strange at best. It's the only distro that I've seen with that small of a forum, even those who were active & failed had one. 

Funny, they also need Beta testers for their next version, where are they to post their findings? In their dead Forum? 

http://www.peachosi.com/

Strange release of a Linux OS indeed. 

I believe that if the site is examined closely, it'll be seen as an ad supported one, designed first to make a quick buck. They sure are selling a lot, there's even a sold out eBay link to a 32GiB Flash drive with many distros to try. 

As I stated in another Topic, will pass on this one. My main concern being that Wiz can't connect for whatever reason. It could have been that someone else once had his IP address, and was a spammer (IP addresses, like phone numbers, are recycled, especially short supplied IPv4 ones). 

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#15 heyyou325

heyyou325

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:54 AM

Wiz, I'm usually the one that can't connect to things, but I still get on fine.  I don't think I've ever had to join their forum, or use their support.  What's your wife's problem?  Cat might be right, that it's a strange site, most people are too, I know I am.  Have you tried contacting them.  I don't think it's a big operation there yet, but with luck it'll grow.  My version which is older than the one  now, the bare bones, nor the works were available when I downloaded it.  The only problem I've had, and I haven't had time to fix it yet is with virtual box.  As for beta testers, I've seen a lot of distros asking for them.  I think they might just send the results back to the support group to use.  I con't know enough to make judgements about the site and who used it before, but I've had times I either couldn't post here, or sometimes I couldn't even get into this site, with some error.  Last fall, I think it was, it was over a week.  I'm sure that was either with my server, or my connections to them.  Good luck, and try to contact them.  http://www.peachosi.com/?q=contact  

If you can get in to this address, maybe you can move around there too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users