Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 months of BSOD's, I found News article tonight that may explain

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brad 4 Peace

Brad 4 Peace

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:44 AM

Hi,

My name is Brad. I have a personal computer from Dell with Windows 7 pre-installed that my wife and I  purchased in August, 2010. In early January (last month), after attempting to update a few out of date drivers, my computer began a series of severe BSOD's upon reboot, during browsing sessions, while recording music and while installing Windows updates, and updating Windows Defender. Crash after Crash. Especially when trying to install AMD drivers. I found this article this evening after 2 months of this, day after day, trying to figure this out...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/12/13/new-windows-7-patch-is-effectively-malware-disables-graphics-driver-updates-and-windows-defender/

I'm not certain this is my issue, but both my AMD driver and Windows Defender has been indicated in most of my crashes and the "patch for the patch to a patch" has so far failed in my computer. I have a fresh install of AMD driver 13.9 on my computer now and will not let it sleep or shutdown for any length of time. I check for Windows Updates myself and I just restart every couple of days. I know I will need repairs, perhaps even a fresh install of W7 or a new graphics card, but of course my graphics card is very old anyway (2007). I hope this article helps those who are having similar issues with Blue Screens of Death. It confirmed my suspicions, but only opened up more questions for me and my wife.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:39 AM

See or refer here Brad 4 Peace and Welcome to the Bleeping Computer Community. :welcome:

Tekken

#3 Brad 4 Peace

Brad 4 Peace
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:42 AM

Thank you Jhayz. Of course, you guys were on this stuff from the very start, that link is very helpful, and informative.

#4 Brad 4 Peace

Brad 4 Peace
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

The dreaded update KB 3004394 has reappeared, and installed itself on the 24th. I attempted to uninstall it using elevated command prompt by typing in "wusa /uninstall /kb:3004394 /quiet /norestart", but still it was under recently installed updates. This really acts like a virus. BSOD's for months now, and it all appears to be tied to this one update from hell.

:guitar: too bad, this computer is my home studio, cause I rock!

Edited by Brad 4 Peace, 26 February 2015 - 10:25 PM.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:55 AM

Did you go to installed updates then uninstall from there? You can hide update next time by right-clicking if ever its offered again.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users