Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

uTorrent connected devices?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AnthonyY

AnthonyY

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

Does anyone use the devices in uTorrent? I have this random Samsung Galaxy S3 showing as disconnected under the device section, which says drag torrents into devices to initiate media conversations, but I have never plugged it onto my computer. I do not uTorrent remote access enabled, and nothing is showing up on the paired device section in the preferences menu. I personally do not use an S3, but I have a family member that does and it connects to the same wifi network. Is it showing up only because it works on the same wifi? Or should I be concerned?

Edited by hamluis, 26 February 2015 - 07:54 AM.
Moved from Gen Security to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:32 AM

Hi AnthonyY :)

From my experience with uTorrent, if you ever had a device connected to your computer or on the same WiFi network as you that used uTorrent in the past on it, it would be detected by your desktop application of uTorrent and show under "Devices". If you right-click on it, you'll have the option to "Remove device" if you want to get rid of it.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:43 AM

How do I add devices to my device list?
How do I add an Android device to my device list?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 AnthonyY

AnthonyY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:34 PM

Hi AnthonyY :)

From my experience with uTorrent, if you ever had a device connected to your computer or on the same WiFi network as you that used uTorrent in the past on it, it would be detected by your desktop application of uTorrent and show under "Devices". If you right-click on it, you'll have the option to "Remove device" if you want to get rid of it.

Thanks, must be someone else's device that connected when I used the Wifi at my workplace  :bananas:

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:48 PM

No problem Anthony :) Try to look for someone you know that have a Samsung Galaxy S3 if you can.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:46 PM

A little late but I have the same S3 showing. Must be a default graphic or something. I got droid phone and tabs, iphone and various laptops and wireless/Bluetooth devices around. None show up (fine with me) excepting S3 (which does not exist in my little world).

Capture_zpsnqhkll0w.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users