Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Drive Recovery

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vicmax

vicmax

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:53 PM

I had an old laptop running windows 95 (well,i said it was old!) it was a compaq lte 1500 and recently died. I dragged it out to see what was on there,never backed up anything, and found some old documents that i really want to keep,the only problem is, the laptop died as i was reading one of them and now i cant get to the documents.
Its the hardware thats gone,i know the hard drive still works fine,but its bigger than modern laptops hard drives and wont fit in them,so what can i do to to access the now homeless hard drive?

Thanks for any help given :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:24 AM

Hi vicmax.
You can hook the drive up to a desktop using a 44-pin to standard 40-pin IDE adapter like this one.
Be careful not to hook it up backwards or you may kill the drive. :thumbsup:

Edited by HitSquad, 28 June 2006 - 11:25 AM.

#3 vicmax

vicmax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:57 AM

Thanks Hitsquad, i was thinking all was lost, but your reply has lifted me.

Thanks again, youve made my day!

:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users