Attached a screenshot of my specs.
I was watching a show on Netflix and the audio began to stutter about every five minutes, making a gross noise and making the viewing experience really frustrating. I thought it was a wi-fi issue and apparently didn't use sound for the next week because I forgot about it. This week I was using my home wi-fi network and realized it was not a wi-fi issue. I don't think it's entirely a sound issue, either. The entire system seems to stutter when the sound does, and it seems to happen particularly when I start a new process (eg. load a program while testing music).
Here is a list of everything that I tried:
1) restarting, duh
2) closing out of all other programs so I was only playing netflix or running iTunes
3) updating my iTunes because the update claimed to fix stuttering sound
4) uninstalling iTunes
5) making sure my driver was up to date
6) taking it to the IT people at school who "reinstalled the driver" and did nothing else
7) deleting the Ask search bar I accidentally installed with a Java update
8) disabling a bunch of startup processes to reduce the strain on my processor
9) ran malwarebytes and quarantined then deleted the issues it found
1) some kind of virus or malware (I have no virus protection anymore)
2) some kind of unexplainable power surge when the processor needs to work harder
Edited by hamluis, 25 February 2015 - 06:05 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.