Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows startup repair offline

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tigerwarriorclaw

tigerwarriorclaw

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:27 PM

Hi, this is my first post, and I am not even sure if anyone on this forum can help me. I am having a major problem with my computer. I have a Lenovo laptop, an ideapad. I am running on windows 7. A few days ago I started up my computer, and it showed the windows sign as it usually does when starting up. But it stayed on that screen for ages, so I clicked enter to see if it was responding, and it wasn't, it just stayed there for a while. Then suddenly I was sent to the blue screen, for a few seconds, and then it told me my startup wasn't working. It asked me to log in as an administrator so I did. It then took me to the system recovery page. I tried doing the system repair, and all the other options. I have saved my computer many times, but when I tried to restore to a previous save point it said I didn't have any. I think the part of the disk that had the save files was corrupted. Anyways, after having a disk check done for almost 30 strait hours at still 7 percent, :/, I went to problem details. This came up.

Problem Signatures

01- 6.1.7600.16385

02- 6.1.7600.16385

03- unknown

04- 8

05- AutoFailover

06- 1

07- BadDisk

OS version- 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID- 1033

i have read on other forums, so in the command prompt I typed Bootrec.exe but none of the four options worked for me!! (FixMbr FixBoot ScanOs RebuildBcd) I also did

bcdedit/export C:\BCD_Backup

c:

cd boot

attrib bcd -s -h -r

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /RebuildBcd

only one item was there and that was windows 7 so I added it to the boot list. I use my laptop for homework, gaming, projects, and I also have important things saved on it, so I need to fix it ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

Will it boot with a USB stick [hopefully made earlier]?  I believe we have the options of creating rescue DVDs or USB sticks during Windows' better days.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 tigerwarriorclaw

tigerwarriorclaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:40 PM

Sadly I have not saved on a USB stick D: 

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:48 PM

There are numerous resources from here and other places to get the files and make your USB stick.

Obviously, you will have to have access to another similar OS computer.  I think you have Windows 7;  64bit?  32bit?  I believe it best to have your USB stick with similar bit.

Edited by RolandJS, 25 February 2015 - 04:51 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 tigerwarriorclaw

tigerwarriorclaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

I will try to get one, but for now I will have to do some more research about where I can get a USB stick. Also, I will have to contact someone with a similar computer. Thank you!!

#6 tigerwarriorclaw

tigerwarriorclaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:05 PM

I will try this, but this is my first time trying to fix a computer so I am not very good at this. I think (not sure) but if I do try using the USB will my computer's data be deleted? And if so, is there any other way I can try to fix it, with the command prompt or something similar that will not delete my data? I have important files, and I am not willing to lose them unless that is the only way to get my computer running again. If it is the only way, or the only way you know of, please let me know. Thanks again!

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:37 PM

07- BadDisk may indicate a failing hard drive. "disk check done for almost 30 strait hours at still 7 percent" also indicates a failing drive or a severly corrupted file system. Data retrieval would be the most important thing to do at this point. Are you currently posting from  a Windows 7 or Windows 8 computer? Do you have access to a USB external drive? Can your current computer boot a CD/DVD?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users