Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube not working in Firefox

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Capum130

Capum130

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:02 PM

Actually this is revive of previous post.

My firefox can't play youtube in DASH mode. "An error occurred, please try again later." html5 mode works fine. Using the youtube center addon with dash disabled works fine.

I've followed up post by post all instructions on that previous post and already have all the logs also. But opose to the other poster, things are still no good.

machine running on win 7.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:50 PM

Problem here is YouTube videos failing to load and play after update to Firefox 36, on a Windows 7 tower-form computer.  Those same videos work with no trouble done through Google Chrome.

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:11 AM

I prefer not to use any youtube addons or extras just going straight on the website. Maybe its just the compatibility or number of addons that is the root of the problem which means removing them completely then check the difference. :thumbup2:

Tekken

#4 Capum130

Capum130
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

Could you move this topic to Security -> 'Am I infected? What do I do ?' board. I might have started in wrong section, or not ?

jhayz, I only used youtube center for testing purposes.I don't fill my browser with tons of addons. I have ABP enabled. Otherwise, KAV, Firebug, HP printer addons are disabled. Do you refer also to plugins or just addons ?

I have other machines with lastet firefox in the same network with youtube playback working fine.

Edited by Capum130, 26 February 2015 - 01:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users