Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware/malware Problem After Following Guide To Remove Spywarequake

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ColdFFF

ColdFFF

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:14 PM

As the topic title suggests, my machine was infected with a lovely bit of malicious software which included spywarequake. After finding guides to remove other spyware on this site very useful, I performed a search, found the appropriate guide (link) and followed the instructions it contained.
The one thing I did different however was that whilst my machine was running in safe mode (for executing the smitRem program), I also performed a full scan on all hard-drives with AVG, and a full scan with both Ad-Aware and Spybot.

Unfortunately after rebooting later today I am still finding the same (or very similar) popups related to various other spyware removal tools and AVG regularly pops up saying it has found an infected file, asking me whether to ignore, delete or heal the file.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP2, as mentioned, I run AVG, Spybot and AdAware, further details available if required.

hijackthis log is available on request (I shan't post it here straight away since no-one has asked for it, link deleted by self).

Ill post again if I can find something more specific, or to post the contents of the log if you want me to post them in the thread

Edited by ColdFFF, 27 June 2006 - 05:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:41 PM

Hi there,
don't wait for anyone to ask for your 'Hijackthis' log...... just post it. That's what the forum is for.
If you were to post your log, it would get looked at by the experts and then you would know straight away what your problems were.
If you need a link on how to post, follow this....How to post a HJT log

BBPP6nz.png

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:01 PM

Hi ColdFFF,

I've split your HJT log away and moved it into the HJT forum with a referal
link back to this post. Please be patient and wait for a response from an
HJT Team member.

You'll find your log here.

Regards,
KoanYorel
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users