Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop fan problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 readingsteiner

readingsteiner

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:44 AM

One day, my laptop did produce a rattling sound that is coming from the fan, like the blades are hitting something. so i have decided to open and look at it. i found out that one of the blades of the fan was broken and i think that this is the one causing the sound. then i reassembled the laptop, but now the fan is vibrating abnormally and differently than the way it used to work before. should i buy a new fan? thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 john8008

john8008

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:59 AM

I had similar problem and ended up getting new one , imo its better to replace it if its broken before it causes more damage .

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,585 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:37 AM

Yes....definitely replace it.

Its ability to cool will be much reduced and the vibration will possibly damage other components.

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal,

It is the Courage to Continue that Counts.

W.C. 4th June 1940

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:08 PM

Yes you would want to change out this fan as soon as possible.  I would worry that the vibrating fan would cause it to completely fail and as stated above render your laptop inoperative.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users