Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Second Monitor not recognized by computer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ChopperNoOnions

ChopperNoOnions

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:43 PM

After several months of successfully using a dual monitor setup, my newer one(Asus LCD VE228H) started having white lines across the bottom of the screen. In the past they would go away after a while but I tried unplugging and re-plugging in the DVI cords. When I restarted the computer, the display only showed up on my older monitor. The computer did not detect the second one at all. I have tested the second mointor on another computer and the second monitor works completely fine. The only way to get my computer to display the second monitor at all is to boot it with the old monitor then switch out the DVI for the second one. The computer only sees it as an unknown device. I have tried finding drivers for this monitor on the ASUS websire and cannot. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have uninstalled and re-installed display drivers.

I have checked all of the cords.

I made sure the right input was on.

Specs-

Windows 7 64 bit

AMD Radeon HD 7800 series

INtel Core i5 3570k CPU 3.4 GHz

Edited by ChopperNoOnions, 24 February 2015 - 11:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:17 AM

Have you swapped out the DVI cable?  Can you switch the monitor cables and does the problem move with the cables?

#3 ChopperNoOnions

ChopperNoOnions
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

Yes, I have swapped all of the cables. The problem stays with the monitors and not the cables.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,033 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

Have you set up multiple monitors in Catalyst Control Center as shown here? I don't think drivers are available for the monitor.

#5 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:59 PM

You said you swapped cables but did you swap outputs? Does monitor 2 work on monitor 1's output and do you have the same problem with monitor one on monitor two's dvi ?

#6 ChopperNoOnions

ChopperNoOnions
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:14 PM

Have you set up multiple monitors in Catalyst Control Center as shown here? I don't think drivers are available for the monitor.

CCC does not detect my second monitor at all. The dual monitor display was working perfectly fine before.

You said you swapped cables but did you swap outputs? Does monitor 2 work on monitor 1's output and do you have the same problem with monitor one on monitor two's dvi ?

I have tried every combination of cable swapping both inputs and outputs for the DVIs. The problem stays with the monitors and not the cables.

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,033 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:28 PM

"The only way to get my computer to display the second monitor at all is to boot it with the old monitor then switch out the DVI for the second one"

Enter the monitor OSD and reset the monitor to defaults under System Setup. Reboot and see if it is now detected.

#8 ChopperNoOnions

ChopperNoOnions
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

"The only way to get my computer to display the second monitor at all is to boot it with the old monitor then switch out the DVI for the second one"

Enter the monitor OSD and reset the monitor to defaults under System Setup. Reboot and see if it is now detected.

Tried it. Still not detected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users