Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help finding a Graphics card for HP Pavillion A720n? Please help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 trypaw

trypaw

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:42 PM

Hello! I have just a general question really all I need to know is what type of video card my cpu takes and maybe the cheapest one under $40 to buy? This is a older cpu so I imagine their not too much money... Anyways, Here are the default specs: http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavilion-a720n-athlon-xp-3200-plus-2-2-ghz-512-mb-200-gb/specs/

I do have the RAM upgraded to 2G the max for this system. (If that matters)

I'm not really looking for play any heavy games, but I do want to play minecraft, and some other online rpg games, nothing big.

I opened my cpu and did notice since its a 2004 cpu it has a AGP slot, but thats about all I can tell you, ive been researching for awhile and I hate to admit it but I have no clue how to find a decent video card for this computer, please if you have any suggestions or know what card would be best reply and let me know! Thankyou!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,638 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:50 PM

I also have a Athlon XP 3200 in a emachines computer with a AGP 8X slot. You have a AGP 8X slot according to your link. About the best you can do would be a card like this which is what I installed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForce-6200-512MB-DDR2-AGP-8X-DVI-VGA-Video-Graphics-Card-512-A8-N403-LR-/111600638198

Edited by JohnC_21, 24 February 2015 - 10:51 PM.

#3 trypaw

trypaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:56 PM

Thanks @JohnC_21

for the link im looking into that right now, I took a picture of my AGP Slot (the brown one) it would go in, looking at the picture do you think it will fit correctly? It is the right size and everything?

Edited by trypaw, 24 February 2015 - 11:03 PM.

#4 trypaw

trypaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:58 PM

oops heres the pic

Attached Files

• Attached File  cpu.jpg   96.99KB   0 downloads

#5 trypaw

trypaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:59 PM

I just want to make sure I am byting the correct size, and fit and everything. This is new to me, and I really want it to work . Thanks again for helping

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,638 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:04 PM

Here is your computer support page. Here is your motherboard specs. Any AGP 8X card with fit a AGP 8X slot. Just be sure to remove the power cord and touch bare metal of the case before handling the card to avoid a static discharge. Take your time positioning the card before you push it in the slot.  Some motherboard automatically detect a card in the AGP slot and others have to have the BIOS setting changed to the AGP slot and not the integrated graphics that you are now using.

Edit: I will be off until tomorrow morning. I will answer any other questions you may have or another person on the board may answer any questions you may have.

Here is a generic video on card replacement.

Edited by JohnC_21, 24 February 2015 - 11:06 PM.

#7 trypaw

trypaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:23 PM

@JohnC_21 Thanks so much for you help I think I'm going to try to research some more cards. If I have any more questions I will let you know! Thanks so much, aI am new to video cards, I can install em' and everything, just wasn't sure how to find one for this old 04' haha!! Thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users