Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lcd Monitor + Gaming Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chingy

Chingy

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 03:55 PM

alright, I bought a 17inch LCD monitor today. The max resolution is 1280 x 1024. I have a few questions..

I am buying a new computer with a Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS video card. The video card said, resolution up to 2600 x 1800 or something. The question is, Am I even going to be able to play World of Warcraft in 1600 x 1200 with my new computer on the LCD, or 2600 x 1800. Or am I stuck at 1280 x 1024.. If so, I might as well buy a CRT for cheaper, if they support higher resoultion for gaming, eh?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MathsDude

MathsDude

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:09 PM

I think u r stuck!!!

Cos ive got a 14.1 laptop with 1280 x 800. When i play TCE online if i set res from 1024 x 800 to 1280 x 900 or something half of the stuff arent visible because it cant fit it. Make sure u set res to what ur scren max res is or get a new screen as suggested.

I might b wrong here so wait for someone elses reply as well

:thumbsup:
Mathsdude
If anyone ever tells you that you are a geek, just simply reply: " Geeks get rich, popular people get to live in council flats!!!!"

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:08 PM

I wouldn't set your screen to the max resolution but the recommended resolution... Just because a car CAN go to 150 miles an hour doesn't mean it's better...

#4 .Prodigy.

.Prodigy.

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:32 PM

I use a 19-inch LCD at 1280x1024, which is the highest anything will allow me to use. I found that with some games at that resolution, i experienced "ghosting," which is where the monitor can't refresh fast enough and a sort of shadow is left behind something moving on the screen.

By setting my monitor to 1024x768 in those games, I was able to reduce the ghosting and crank the visual settings as high as they would go.

Just because a car CAN go to 150 miles an hour doesn't mean it's better...

Yes, but it's always more fun to do 150 MPH then the "recommended" 60 MPH.

Edited by .Prodigy., 27 June 2006 - 10:33 PM.

Posted Image

#5 MathsDude

MathsDude

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:57 AM

LOL thats is right 150 MPH is fun but i guess u wouldnt wanna go that fast all the time
If anyone ever tells you that you are a geek, just simply reply: " Geeks get rich, popular people get to live in council flats!!!!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users