Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Request for help for killing an elusive virus on my computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 siltconn

siltconn

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

Several days ago I downloaded a package that turns out to be a big pack of virus, adware and malware. After battling it for several hours I am finally able to kill everyone of them---except for one called Windows Version Installer. Everytime I deleted it manually it just install itself back. I found out that it is using rootkit to do so, so I downloaded MalwareBytes and malwarebytes anti rootkit to get rid of it, which seems to managed to hold it at bay.

However, now my browser (firefox) is invaded by a bunch of pop ups (8 deals, nav links,NoProblem and offers 4 u), and I can neither find their program in the uninstall nor can I find them in the add-on tab of firefox. And MalwareBytes tells me my computer is in perfect health despite the pop up infestation. I suspect that this influx of unwanted guests is connected to something in that package of virus, and that something is nasty enough to evade both MalwareBytes and Mcafee. (Already got rid of MalwareBytes)

Can anyone help me with getting this unwelcomed guest out of my computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 siltconn

siltconn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:16 PM

Update: managed to get rid of those guests after deleting Mcafee site advisor and something developed by a guy called Richard which name has one less letter than the name of a system process. I may have driven them out by now, but I still can not find the man who is holding the door for them to enter,

If anyone is interested in disscecting the virus or keep them as pets, here is where they come from

hxxp://lesonart.com/con/dynamics-of-flight-stability-and-control/

#3 siltconn

siltconn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:24 PM

I just realized I should paste this on am i infected what to do forum, not here. Sorry for spamming this.

Mod Edit:  Moved to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 24 February 2015 - 08:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users