Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forcibly removed "Covenant Eyes" now computer doesnt work properly..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TitusRaven26

TitusRaven26

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:44 AM

so i had CE installed on my computer but it wasnt installed right...  i think. it wasnt signing in on every boot and my partner wasnt recieving my internet history because of that, so with permission, i tried to re-install it. that caused some issues; after re-installing, it still wouldnt sign in, and worse, the reboot took out the connection to the internet as well (which was bad cause the program only lets you on the internet if you sign on). so i contacted support and they didnt help... so i decided to forcibly remove it using this guide:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/159194682/How-to-Remove-Covenant-Eyes-Forcefully#scribd

i used a linux live usb and went into all the CE folders and deleted any trace of this program... but i skipped the part with the registry for fear that i'd screw the computer up. after that, i used ccleaner to "clean" things up (noticed that there were about 2000 things to fix in the registry.... but didnt care). and finally, i did the command.exe thing "netsh winsock reset catalog" and after reboot, i had to use my install CD to repair the the startup partition with success btw, CE was gone, i had internet again... but most of my other installed software was gone and the ones that were there were asking to be activated with product keys (microsoft word, fences etc...) and wouldnt activate when entered them. also another thing i cant change back is that my folders, when browsing, will open each folder in its own window instead of doing the default and opening in the same window (and yes, ive gone into the folder options and tried to restore the defaults to no avail). oh yeah, and 1 more thing... my anti-virus and some other drivers were uninstalled too and re-installing them sometimes gets them to work again...

any ideas what went on? or how i can fix this without a clean install? thx.

Edited by TitusRaven26, 24 February 2015 - 11:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:13 PM

If tweaking.com's windows repairs (all in one) [run defaults & click items 26 & 27] doesn't help;

then await the BC regulars and follow their advice.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 TitusRaven26

TitusRaven26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:59 PM

thx for the tweak software idea, but it wasnt successful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users