Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 diego88

diego88

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:31 PM

Hello!

I have a friend who had a virus or something that she siad she got rid of with software she purchased. It seemed to work and then her keyboard stopped working (keyboard lights flash for a second). She changed keyboards and that one also will not work. What can she check out besides the connections? Any ideas?

Thanks,
diego88

Ahh, actually she just said now the computer won't turn on at all. Maybe something more here. She may have a bigger problem and service necessary, eh?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:11 PM

What was the software she purchased?

The motherboard maybe on it's way out or the software may have made a piece of hardware fail. Have a Computer Tech look at it.
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 diego88

diego88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2006 - 07:22 AM

Thanks again, she is having someone look at it today.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:50 AM

It may be that your friend unistalled a lot more than just that one application. Try reinstalling Windows before spending money for technical help.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 diego88

diego88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:39 AM

Thanks jgweed!

She actually found a friend who is an IT tech to help out and I'm sure for cheap if anything. So this thread can be closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users