Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am i infected??? Strange error at startup most of the times....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ninjadude6070

ninjadude6070

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:37 AM

I got this error every time at startup ...

Set Permissions to NTFS drive has stopped working

Details:-

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BEX
  Application Name:    ADWAREGEN.EXE
  Application Version:    2014.12.26.1
  Application Timestamp:    549d5c40
  Fault Module Name:    ADWAREGEN.EXE
  Fault Module Version:    2014.12.26.1
  Fault Module Timestamp:    549d5c40
  Exception Offset:    00002566
  Exception Code:    c0000409
  Exception Data:    00000000
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    fecd
  Additional Information 2:    fecd878dd5398059c2025d2ad3caa46c
  Additional Information 3:    0fd9
  Additional Information 4:    0fd98b588d8864ac1933c3976f9214b5

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

so i think  i am infected because in fault module name it shows adwaregen.exe  which looks like some adware/virus...help

I scanned many times my pc but found nothing

My config:- Intel core i5-480m @2.66 GHz

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

ati mobility radeon hd 5650

500 GB seagate harddisk

Edited by ninjadude6070, 24 February 2015 - 03:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:44 AM

Likely Conduit adware. Best to scan using programs below. Also, check your list of programs in Add/ Remove for this listing....Net Protector Antivirus

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.
  • Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.
  • If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.
  • While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.

POST THE LOG FOR  REVIEW.

• download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

• Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window. (Eset can take more than an hour to run so plan accordingly)

• Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
  • Scan potentially unwanted applications
  • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
  • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 ninjadude6070

ninjadude6070
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:18 AM

But net protector is a legitimate antivirus. Im using it for almost 5 years...no problems since. I wil try adwcleaner and then tell you.

#4 ninjadude6070

ninjadude6070
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

just scanned my pc with Adwcleaner. Found Nothing

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,307 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

Suggest you scan with all of the programs. I know nothing of that antivirus program...good...bad or otherwise. If malware is not found using the other programs

then you should consider reinstalling Net Protector.

From the web: Malware scan of adwaregen.exe (Net Protector Antivirus) e006604506f332dfadc77b08ff96b0391d3a8469 - herdProtect

Programs
The file adwaregen.exe has been discovered within the following programs.
Net Protector 2013M  by Biz Secure Labs Pvt. Ltd.
Publisher's description - “Net Protector AntiVirus incorporates a very strong Anti-Virus and Internet Security to defend your Home PC from all such attacks and threats. Install Net Protector and use your PC for connecting to various devices safely.”
www.indiaantivirus.com
27% remove it
Net Protector 2014M  by Biz Secure Labs Pvt. Ltd.
Publisher's description - “Net Protector defends your PC from such spyware attacks and ensures your Home PC is Healthy and fit and also internet bills are kept to minimum.”
48% remove it
Search Protect  by Conduit Ltd.
From the Terms of Service: "Search Protect is a separate piece of software installed on your hard-drive in connection with your installation of a Toolbar. It is designed to protect your Search settings from takeover by third parties.
84% remove it

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 ninjadude6070

ninjadude6070
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:38 AM

I think its related to net protector because i dont have any adwares installed in my system. I hope reinstallation of Net Protector will solve the problem. btw thanks a lot! :)

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,744 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:19 PM

Net Protector was created by the same vendor who gave us PC Optimizer, an optimization suite that purports to improve speed, performance, make repairs and fix registry errors. The optimization and performance improvement claims made by such software vendors are borderline scams. There is no statistical evidence to back such claims. Advertisements to do so are a marketing ploy intended to goad users into using an unnecessary and potential dangerous product.

Further, I would be skeptical of any anti-virus vendor which does not participate in AV Comparatives Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software (list of vendors) or similar testing. What should that tell you?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,307 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:45 PM

If you decide to completely remove Net Protector you will need to use an uninstaller such as Revo Uninstaller. Be sure to completely shut it down

before attempting to uninstall. Further....I don't think you will find any security professional to recommend this program....I think you find the opposite.

Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Use Revo in Advanced mode and remove all that it finds.

#9 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:58 PM

Net Protector, an Indian antivirus, does not score well on WOT... I'd remove it. There are a lot of reputable and effective solutions out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users