Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

750 ti driver crashing conundrum

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 technicallyUnsavvy

technicallyUnsavvy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:29 PM

Hello everyone!

I have been having driver crashes close to a year if not more now and I have reached the point now that it just needs to stop. No matter waht driver I have it always crashes> i currently have ther 347.52 nvidia driver and this started I think it was around the time the 320 drivers were being released. I ran a buddies gpu in my system, a 660ti, and the issues was still going on. I have updated my bios, i have upgraded my video card ( i was using a 650ti when this started), I have formated my harddrive and reinstalled windows, and i instaled a liquid cool system in case my cpu was overheating to be on the safe side, and I have edited my TdrDelay using Regedit to a higher number. This issue is sporadic as well, I could be playing Skyrim for example and one night i could play with no interruptions and the next night i wont make 10 minutes of progress all night because of the constant crashing. I also wonder though if it isn't just the drivers. Sometime my screen will just lock up for(seemingly) no reason. There's no error, no pop up saying "driver xxx.xx has lost connection due to exceeding windows timeout", nothing. I don't know what to do anymore and Google is getting me nowhere, help!

p.s. my search on this forum didn't net me anything that i noticed. If this has been solved before please link it to me, thanks!

Specs: 
Windows 7 Ultimate (64 Bit)
MB: msi970a-g46 (update v 2.5)
cpu: AMD fx 4300
gpu: nvidia geforce gtx 750ti 2gb(issues started on a 650ti)  (driver 347.52)

ram: 8gb ddr3 (2x 4gb each)
hdd: 2tb seagate

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:07 PM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer Community :)

Two things you could try is replacing the Power Supply of the same or greater wattage and or run a diagnostic test for your hard drive. Let us know how it went. :thumbup2:

Tekken

#3 technicallyUnsavvy

technicallyUnsavvy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:01 AM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer Community :)

Two things you could try is replacing the Power Supply of the same or greater wattage and or run a diagnostic test for your hard drive. Let us know how it went. :thumbup2:

Thanks for the suggestions! Currently, i had to make an emergency trip out of town and so I can't test this on my own pc at the moment.  :( I should be back at my pc by tomorrow morning and I will try testing the Hdd, replacing the pcu is currently not possible though, as i dont have the money and none of my friends have one in my wattage or greater. I'll be back and let you know!

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:07 AM

Ok, please post the PSU model next time and run Speccy just in case.

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Tekken

#5 technicallyUnsavvy

technicallyUnsavvy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:35 AM

Hello again.

Neo ECO 620c is the model number and http://speccy.piriform.com/results/LPcm0rQZNceVS3jD2MB7Zlh is the Speccy.

I went to http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/ and tried both the dos and windows check and neither showed any errors. I'm not sure if those were the correct ones to try.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:42 AM

Can you check the BIOS section of your current PSU rail (12v/5v) output?

Tekken

#7 technicallyUnsavvy

technicallyUnsavvy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:16 AM

sorry, took me some time to find it, Wasn't were i was expecting it to be.

5v - 5.016v
12v - 12.056v

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:16 AM

Looks good so far on idle which means not on heavy load. Is the problem specific on one application only?

Tekken

#9 technicallyUnsavvy

technicallyUnsavvy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:35 PM

Hi! I'm sorry it took me so long to get back. I fixed it!! finally, it was somthing to do with one of my sticks of ram that memtesting did not find for some reason, but tried taking both sticks out then just running my games 1 stick at a time and one would always crash and the other would never crash so i am running on the latter one and havnt had an issue since then. to think ive had this going on for a year or so and it was just ram *facepalm*. Thanks for  trying to help me out though!!

#10 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:47 PM

Glad to hear you found the culprit :thumbsup: and thanks for  posting back :)

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users