Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compa Presario Lap top will not boot all the way up

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ratman21

Ratman21

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:52 PM

When I try to start in safe mode comman promt, it stops at

"Windows\System \DRIVERS \avgidshx.sys" Then to blank screen.  For the other safe modes it just goes to blank screen, same for just trying to reboot to normal.  Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,240 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:05 PM

This is an AVG file. See if disabling the AVG drivers in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers will get your computer to boot. See this page on creating a AVG rescue disk that you boot allowing you to rename the AVG driver files.

#3 Ratman21

Ratman21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:06 PM

Nope that did not work.....Will not boot up from UBS drive stick.   

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,240 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

What did you use to create the bootable flash drive. I would use Rufus with the dowloaded AVG iso file. If you still cannot get the iso to boot post back.

#5 Ratman21

Ratman21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:59 PM

hmm did not know about Rufus...will try it.

#6 Ratman21

Ratman21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:16 AM

well the reboot with a bootable flash drive using Rufus did not work and my wife got tired of me fusing over the pc and took it to some hack that loaded Windows 7 over windows vista.  Do so seems to have wipe out alot of pic and files she wanted to keep.  Is there any way to recover them

Edited by Ratman21, 10 August 2015 - 03:18 AM.

#7 Ratman21

Ratman21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:19 AM

should I move this to windows 7 support group.  I hate to have to go over the whole tale again.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,240 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:11 AM

If Windows 7 was installed over Vista your chances of recovering those pictures are very small if at all. You can try a program called Recuva but the more your computer was used after the Windows 7 install the less chance you have of recovery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users