Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New User.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 srxtreme

srxtreme

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 55 years old a retired US Army and a disabled Gulf War Vet. Worked as an IT person during my last few years of active service. Got out in 96 so in computer time that was VERY long time ago, DOS 6.0 was current.
I try and keep my skills up to date by building all of my own PCs. Usually higher end models. Currently running an Asus Sabertooth Z77 with an overclocked 3770k (unlocked) cpu 3.5ghz overclocker to 4.2ghz for now.
It is watercooled, runs at 28-32° C, all installed a massive Thermaltake Chaser II case, 32Gb Ripjaw ram, 1 512gb ssd along with 4 X 1tb drives in a RAID 10 array.
Just hoping to give and receive help from fellow PC Enthusiasts.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 srxtreme

srxtreme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:16 PM

Should mention that I don't try to build the latest and greatest PCs, I tend to stay a step behind the latest hardware. This allows me to build using all high end components without breaking the bank. Feel this is wise because once you buy the best and pay the premium, it's outdated and on sale a few days later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users