Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovering from infection...Need Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CompHelp7

CompHelp7

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:35 AM

My computer was infected and files locked up.  I purchased virus removal tool and it worked.  However in trying to recover files I had some issues.  I was advised to restore from backup and it worked but I had 2 months I did not backup computer.  So I was advised to run R-Undelete to restore files less than 2 months old.  I ran the demo and it recovered files <64KB.  Program came up saying to restore larger files purchase full version of R-Undelete.  Unfortunately, it did not work and there seems to be no way to get a refund. 

I notice everytime I boot up virus detection runs and finds something new so it seems computer is getting reinfected every time I use it.  Searchded online and was instructed to run ESET Online Scanner.  I ran it and it has been running 13+ hours,  found 1800 infected files and is stuck at step 3 of 4.  I'm not if I should just close the file down.  It has been stuck on the same file number and same number of infected files for a long time so I don't think it is really doing anything now.  On a brief summary it does show Win32/Filecoder.CR trojan.   

1.  How do I safely end ESE online scanner and find out why it is hanging?

2.  How can I really tell if my computer is still infected?

3.  Once computer clean up is complete, what tools do I need to install to maintain healthy computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:04 AM

Hello CH, Let it finish.. You are very infected..
I moved this from Vista to the Am I Infected forum.
  • When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
  • Now click on: EOLS4.gif
  • Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users