Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bios Updates

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ben_26

Ben_26

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

Been having some issues with the Bios only recognising 1GB of Ram from 2x1GB Spoke with Crucial who sold me them and they confirm they are Low density Rams.

I have found that my Motherboard has been phased out ,Its 2006 ,MotherBoard P4M800P7MB-RS2H

Pheonix Technologies : Been on there website esupport but am sent to Third Party Bios website to pay for an

update,but when i looked on a download site it put me off usuing them from their terrible reviews.

Would anyone be able to tell me if i can download these FREE bios updates in the link below

when i first started to download them i saw  the Security Notice The Publisher could not be Verified,

Just wondered if anyone else has used these  Free Bios updates before?

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/ProductDetail.aspx?T=Motherboard&U=en-us0000191

Thanks for any help Ben

Edited by Ben_26, 23 February 2015 - 09:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

You should not be downloading BIOS's from Phoenix even though it's written by them. You need to download the BIOS from the link you provided, Foxconn's support site. I do not know if they have to be flashed in order of version because I see there are different sizes between versions both larger and smaller. What is the BIOS version on your MB? You should see it at either initial boot or in the BIOS settings. Keep in mind that a bad flash can brick the MB.

#3 Ben_26

Ben_26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:01 PM

You should not be downloading BIOS's from Phoenix even though it's written by them. You need to download the BIOS from the link you provided, Foxconn's support site. I do not know if they have to be flashed in order of version because I see there are different sizes between versions both larger and smaller. What is the BIOS version on your MB? You should see it at either initial boot or in the BIOS settings. Keep in mind that a bad flash can brick the MB.

Hi There John_C21 thanks for your reply I have heard of independant Bios  Flashing Tool downloads

no idea which one to use ? My Motherboard Bios  Version and Date : Phoenix Technologies LTD  6.00PG 9/21/2006

I am concerned about Flashing the Bios to be honest!

Thanks for your great help once again Ben

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

I don't see any BIOS version that is on the Foxconn site that corresponds to your version or date. I would contact Foxconn's Technical Support and tell then your version and which version you should download if you decide to flash the BIOS. There are only three files in each zip file. The firmware and AWDflash.exe This is a utility from Award which also is a BIOS company. I believe Phoenix purchased them. AWDflash needs to be run from DOS. You cannot run it in Windows. There is also a file called CBRom.exe. It takes multiple firmwares and combines them into one firmware file. You may want to ask about this when you contact Foxconn. Also ask them about the memory size discrepancy.

http://www.foxconnsupport.com/contact.aspx

#5 Ben_26

Ben_26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

Hi JohnC_21 

thank-you for your in depth advice and taking time on explaining everything above i will definately will contact Foxconnsupport

Thanks for finding the right places for me to contact too. :thumbup2:

Cheers from Ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users