Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Service In Windows Vista B2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gianmarco

Gianmarco

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:10 PM

Hi everybody! Since I've installed the new Vista Beta 2 I'm experiencing a problem with the Audio Service: initially I didn't have the driver for my NVIDIA properly set...so I had a crossed icon on the taskbar; now I managed to set the card but the service won't start even if set to auto. If I try to start it manually it gives back "error 1078: dependancies etc..". I erased the dependancy field with regedit but still nothing: the only dependant service not running is "Thread Ordering Server"...when I try to start it manually I get "error 5: access is denied". I also have similar problems with the firewall service... PLEASE HELP ME!!!

PS: at times i get this error as well: "error 1079: different account..."

Thanks, Gianmarco

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KaBoom

KaBoom

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:03 AM

I don't have an answer, but I can verify your issue at least. :huh: I chose to install Vista Beta 2 (clean) on a SN41G2-V3 Shuttle computer with the following components:

FN41 mainboard with a nVidia chipset with nForce2 I believe
CPU is an AM Athlon XP Barton 2800+ (1.24GHz)
Memory is 1GB (2x512MB) Crucial PC2700 running dual channel at 166MHz (very slow, but I assembled this box out of odds and ends in order to more realistically duplicate an average older system)
ASUS n6600 graphics card
Western Digital 80GB SATA HDD
ASUS X-multi CD/DVD RW Drive

The graphics are clean and crisp, my DSL and home network were recognized with a minimum of issues, but the platform refuses to recognize my on-board sound and/or the nForce. It tells me that there are no sound components attached (although I do have an USB powered speaker plugged-in).

When I attempt to load the CD that contains the mainboards drivers it brings up the autoload screen minus any selection (that in itself is a separate issue) and when attempting to load the driver manually it tells me that nForce is not found more than likely because the driver has not been loaded.

Before I attempt to load it on that system can some wonderful person verify IF the Vista nVidia audio drivers listed in this forum work with the Beta 2 version?

Thanks! :huh:

EDIT Update: Just stumbled upon the download site that has the Beta 2 drivers for Nvidia nForce. They are one step up from the ones currently listed in the Vista Drivers section of this forum. The URL is: http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_download..._x86_beta2.html

Edited by KaBoom, 01 July 2006 - 07:52 AM.

#3 SJSBS

SJSBS

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:53 AM

A student arrived at my desk with the exact same problem. Looking at other svchost-processes, I figured what the hell and changed the Windows Audio service to run as "Local services" rather than System services, and voila... audio returned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users