Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer does not start

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 asterlotus

asterlotus

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:42 PM

My computer HP Pavilion A1140N died last Friday. No light comes up and it does not start. I opened it and cleaned the dust which had built up. Put the cover back. I changed the power cord and checked all the connections but it still does not power up. I connected to another plug but still does not power up.  I need access to my data. How do I get it to work so that I can get all my data back. My tower PC does not have a green light in the back.  

Previously have never had any issues with it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:28 PM

My first guess would be that the power supply is dead.. Until you can get power to the motherboard there's not much that can be done.

If you have another computer and need the data immediately you might be able to remove the drive and put it in the second computer as a slave.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users