Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD troubleshooting

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 medmark

medmark

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:25 PM

Hello, newcomer and first time poster here. I need some help troubleshooting BSOD. Based on reading some other threads I downloaded the mini toolbox so I that as well as my minidump are included in this file. Link is here: https://www.mediafire.com/?b7c4rhadq8bbple

The error I get is " A clock interrupt was not received ona  secondary processor within the allocated time interval."

The error always occurs while playing games. Any thoughts or places I should start?

-medmark

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:22 PM

Hi medmark :)

We'll also need your BSOD minidumps to troubleshoot that issue.

Inxv2xa.pngBSOD Minidumps
Follow the instructions below to get and upload your BSOD minidumps so I can analyze them:
  • Create a new folder on your Desktop called dumps;
  • Go in your C:\windows\minidump folder, copy every files inside then paste them in your dumps folder;
  • Right-click on the dumps folder, select Send to then Compressed (zipped) folder;
  • Attach the compressed folder (archive) to your next reply and post it;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 medmark

medmark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:49 PM

Hi medmark :)

We'll also need your BSOD minidumps to troubleshoot that issue.

Inxv2xa.pngBSOD Minidumps
Follow the instructions below to get and upload your BSOD minidumps so I can analyze them:

• Create a new folder on your Desktop called dumps;
  • Go in your C:\windows\minidump folder, copy every files inside then paste them in your dumps folder;
  • Right-click on the dumps folder, select Send to then Compressed (zipped) folder;
  • Attach the compressed folder (archive) to your next reply and post it;

The dumps are in the zip file named "BSOD troubleshooting files". There are two of them, one from 01 05 15 and the other from 02 15 15.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:02 PM

My bad I didn't notice that. Alright, uninstall the following programs:
  • File Association Helper - Not needed;
  • Java 8 Update 25 - Outdated;
  • McAfee Security Scan Plus - Most likely something you didn't install on purpose, but installed while downloading an Adobe product;
  • WinRAR or WinZip - I doubt you need two archiving programs, I suggest you to keep one and uninstall the other;
Now you have a lot of missing drivers, so let's address these first. May I have your computer/laptop brand and model number?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 medmark

medmark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:26 PM

My PC is a custom build I had done, here is some of the info. I will try and work on a more complete list.

-Windows 7

-32 GB Ram

-GeForce GTX 780 Ti x2

-Inter Core i7-4790K Processor

-Motherboard GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK Black Edition

Thermaltake Chaser A71 LCS Full Tower

Kingston HyperX Beast Memory

Power supply- Toughpower DPS 850W

SSD 840 EVO mSATA

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:29 PM

Please download and install the following drivers:

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_chipset_intel_9series.zip
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_me-hotfix_64.zip - Install this before installing the driver right under it.
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_intel_me_9series.zip
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_intel_irst_9series.zip
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_intel_usb3_9series.zip
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_wlan_wb867d-i.zip

After each installation, if it asks you to restart your computer, please do it. Once it's done, let me know.

unite_blue.png

#7 medmark

medmark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

Updates are all installed in that order. Testing now to see if I get BSOD in similar circumstances.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:27 PM

Alright, can you re-run the MiniToolBox scan like you did at first then copy and paste the content of the output log in your next reply?

unite_blue.png

#9 medmark

medmark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:13 AM

Minitoolbox results are linked.

Attached Files

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:24 AM

I see that you still have the programs I recommended to uninstall on post #4 installed on your system. I strongly suggest you to uninstall them. On top of that, let's see which Ethernet Controller you have.

mYEYEX7.pngDevice Manager
Follow the instructions below for your version of Windows to open the Device Manager and give me the VEN and DEV Ids of the Ethernet Controller:
  • On Windows XP, right-click on My Computer, then go to the Hardware tab and click on Device Manager;
  • On Windows Vista and Windows 7, open the Windows Start Menu, right-click on Computer and select Properties;
  • On Windows 8, bring your cursor in the bottom-left corner of the screen, wait for the metro preview to show then right-click on it and select Device Manager;
  • On Windows 8.1, right-click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen and select Device Manager;
  • From the System window, click on Device Manager in the left pane;
  • Go under Other devices, right-click on Ethernet Controller and select Properties;
  • From there, go in the Details tab and select Hardware Ids in the drop down list;
  • Right-click on the first line that appears in the middle box, then select Copy and paste that line in your next reply;

unite_blue.png

#11 medmark

medmark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:12 PM

I see that you still have the programs I recommended to uninstall on post #4 installed on your system. I strongly suggest you to uninstall them. On top of that, let's see which Ethernet Controller you have.

mYEYEX7.pngDevice Manager
Follow the instructions below for your version of Windows to open the Device Manager and give me the VEN and DEV Ids of the Ethernet Controller:

• On Windows XP, right-click on My Computer, then go to the Hardware tab and click on Device Manager;
  • On Windows Vista and Windows 7, open the Windows Start Menu, right-click on Computer and select Properties;
  • On Windows 8, bring your cursor in the bottom-left corner of the screen, wait for the metro preview to show then right-click on it and select Device Manager;
  • On Windows 8.1, right-click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen and select Device Manager;
  • From the System window, click on Device Manager in the left pane;
  • Go under Other devices, right-click on Ethernet Controller and select Properties;
  • From there, go in the Details tab and select Hardware Ids in the drop down list;
  • Right-click on the first line that appears in the middle box, then select Copy and paste that line in your next reply;

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_153B&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_00

I did notice when I was getting the above info when I clicked on the ethernet controller it said "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" Should I search and install those?

Also, I uninstalled the programs you recommended. I do use both winrar and winzip as odd as that sounds, I have some file issues that only some can be opened with winrar but I prefer to use winzip the other 99% of the time. 

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:27 AM

These are your Ethernet Controller drivers, download and install them, then restart your computer:

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_lan_intel_9series.zip

Which files can only be opened with WinRAR? Also, did you get any new BSODs lately?

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users