Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen of death, sluggish, programs crashing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Elcoach44

Elcoach44

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:45 PM

Desktop (DELL XPS 420) has been running very slow. About 2 weeks ago I kept getting the blue screen of death when trying to boot up. Not sure why but it has stopped happening. However, it is even slower than before (booting up can take close to 10 minutes), opening programs take forever, and programs crash often (particularly MS Excel 2010). The only major change I have made to the computer is replacing Norton 360 with Kaspersky IS. KIS had some issues accessing the MyKaspersky website but otherwise it appeared to work. Since the problems I am having appeared about the same time I made the switch I have unistalled Kaspersky. However, the computer continues to be terribly sluggish and Excel keeps crashing. Not sure what to do. I am running Vista Ultimate SP-2, 32 bit. I may reinstall Kaspersky so the computer is protected but would like some help/advice with the sluggishness and programs crashing issues. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 a.h.h.10

a.h.h.10

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:37 PM

Sorry about your computer problem.

I would recommend you downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Free) (https://www.malwarebytes.org) and running it in safe mode.

From the way your computer sounds, you may have to reinstall the OS. But please try the anti-malware program first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users