Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding Hibernate to TahrPup 6.0. Do-able or just a theoretical wish?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brian2009

brian2009

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:21 PM

I would really like to be able to have the Hibernate feature installed into my current TahrPuppy 6.0, which I am very happy with. I run it off a live CD and have Windows XP loaded as my priority OS.

Is this something that has been done in the past or is adding it some sort of theoretical exercise? I’ve tried suggestions in the past with no luck.

I was hoping some progress might have occurred in the past year or so.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brian2009

brian2009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:49 PM

Nothing?

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,839 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:50 PM

No idea Brian may I suggest the Puppy Linux forum?

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/

#4 shadow-warrior

shadow-warrior

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:57 AM

I am not sure you could from a "Live" distro....maybe from one in Vbox.....

If i am not mistaken (probably am) Hibernate stores whats in RAM onto your swap partition..... with a live distro you wouldnt effectively have that...specially on a windows OS...... Im not sure whether you could add a partition on your hard drive for that purpose though...

some linux distros dont Hibernate too good anyway  prefering to suspend..but that uses more power to run.

#5 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 8,118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:49 AM

If i am not mistaken (probably am) Hibernate stores whats in RAM onto your swap partition..... with a live distro you wouldnt effectively have that...specially on a windows OS......

Good point.

Im not sure whether you could add a partition on your hard drive for that purpose though...

Yes, he could create a swap partition and Puppy would use it, just as any Linux installed to an HDD would, but whether hibernate would work with Puppy is another matter entirely.

No doubt someone on the Puppy forum will know if it's possible or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users