Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drop Down List In Windows Me

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GanchoIzquierdo

GanchoIzquierdo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:32 AM

Hi, guys. Can anyone tell me how to clear a drop down list in Wondows Me? I'm referring specifically to the ones you get after clicking the "Start" button and then ""search" and "for files and folders."

I've been trying like heck to figure a way to do this but have had absolutely no luck. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:37 PM

Are you wanting to clear the CONTENTS of the search panel, or entries in the panel itself?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 GanchoIzquierdo

GanchoIzquierdo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:09 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't think I understand your question. As you can imagine, I'm quite inept technologically. I basically just want to clear the entries that show up automatically when I type anything in the search box.

#4 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 01:58 AM

John, I think GanchoIzquierdo means the entrys that appear in the drop-down menu in his search box.

The only way I could think to clear the entries is going to Start>Settings>Control Panel, click 'Internet Options', click the 'Content' tab at the top, click the 'Autocomplete' button in the Personal Information section at the bottom, and click the 'Clear Forms' button.

This is the way to do it in XP, i dont have access to a computer with ME installed, so the instructions should be similar if not the same. HTH

-Nick

#5 GanchoIzquierdo

GanchoIzquierdo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:07 AM

Nick,

I tried what you said, but I guess it doesn't work in Me. What about just disabling the drop down list? Is there any way to do this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users