Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A problem while booting up. Help needed.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 YP92841

YP92841

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:48 AM

Whenever I start my PC, a screen comes on, with a number of options, one saying press fq for setup and f2 to load defaults and continue. Whenever I press f2 and continue, the PC boot up and the time and date gets reset. This happens whenever I turn on my PC. I once used f1 and set the system time from there, but from the next boot , the same happened again and all infomwas again reset. Though all data was perfect.

If you would, then help me. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You,
YP92841

And whenever I turn on my user, a floppy disk is read, I Dont know how, because I don't have a floppy drive.

Edited by YP92841, 22 February 2015 - 03:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YP92841

YP92841
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:53 AM

A CMoS checksum band occurs, I Dont know what that is and plus it also shows, " 00 USB mass storage devices found and configured"

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

Hello YP92841, welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Try changing the CMOS battery on the motherboard.

It would be helpful to know that make and model of computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users