If you are dealing with a malware issue, then try scanning with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
If you're not, follow these Steps for troubleshooting
1. Try performing a Quick Scan
to check common points of infection instead of a Complete (Full) Scan.
2. Try performing a Critical Point Scan
which examines critical loading points for malware infection.
3. In previous versions if SUPERAntiSpyware would hang or freeze during a scan, it was recommended to make sure you were using the most current version and to uncheck
the "Resolve Links/Shortcuts during scan (*.lnk)
" option under Scanning Control in Preferences.
SUPERAntiSpyware Scanning Control Scanning Options
On some systems attempting to resolve .lnk files using the MSI (Microsoft Installer) API can cause issues. This only occurs under rare circumstances. If SUPERAntiSpyware locks ups or "hangs" during the scan, you may wish to uncheck this option and attempt to scan again.
In SUPERAntiSpyware version 6x.... that option has been renamed to "Follow shortcuts (*.lnk) during scan
" and is found in Advanced Scan Settings under Scanner Options...uncheck
it and try scanning again.
If none of those steps help, then you may want to report this issue to SUPERAntiSpyware so they can investigate.
* SUPERAntiSpyware FAQs: Customer Service and Product Support
* Submit a Customer Support Request
* SUPERAntiSpyware Support Forums