Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

very long delays when calling up web sites and pages

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Layfield50

Layfield50

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:10 AM

My machine has always handled browsers in what I consider to be normal manner. Click a link and within a second or two the (called for) page is loaded. Until a couple of days ago web browsing has been more than satisfactory. 

I presently have a major issue calling up any website or page. From the moment I click the link to the time the page loads can be 15-20 seconds and in some cases much longer. This happens with all the major browsers. I normally use Chrome.

I have a home wireless network using an Asus RT-N66U wireless modem. It provides wireless signal to 5 computers (3 laptops, two workstations) and my son's Xbox. I have run "http://www.speedtest.net/" on all machines (not Xbox) and other than on this machine I am consistently getting 40-50 mb/sec download speeds (I pay for 50). On this machine "speedtest.net" won't even measure or provide speed information.

The wireless adaptor in this machine is a D-link DWA-552 installed in a PCI bus on an ASUS P7P55D-E Pro motherboard. In order to determine if this adaptor was the problem I disabled it and plugged in an Asus USB-N53 adaptor I normally use on my other workstation machine (on it I get the 50 mb/sec download speed so I know the Asus adaptor is good). 

With the D-link disabled and the Asus enabled as the functioning adaptor I get no increase in performance. Both adaptors are identical in their performance. This leads me to believe that Windows 7 or another piece of software is responsible.

For many years I have run Iolo's System Mechanic Professional and presently use the latest version  14.5.0.345, as a result I have always enjoyed a machine that runs near to flawless (until now). I also run MalwareBytes Anti Malware now and then for added system maintenance.

I believe my browser problem started about the time I upgraded System Mechanic Pro and at the same time removed a program I'd installed several weeks earlier for evaluation. It was called YAC (yet another cleaner). CNET claimed it was an excellent all round maintenance program. 

I have done as much troubleshooting as I am capable of and find I need the help of someone who really understands how to find the problem and then help me fix it. That would be very much appreciated.

Additional information: Windows 7 Professional version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601, Intel Core i5 750@2.67GHz, 16 GB installed RAM, 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users