Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

scan and fix problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vikram kdas

vikram kdas

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

when a pendrive or memory card add in my com it show scan and fix problem now it not show it why?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

Hi vikram :)

Does it only happens on one external storage media, or does it happens on every you plug in or insert in your computer?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 vikram kdas

vikram kdas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:29 AM

when i insert a external device no scan or fix

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:43 AM

This pretty much contradicts your first post. So whenever you insert an external storage media: USB pendrive, external HDD, SD card, Windows asks you to scan the drive in order to fix it?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 vikram kdas

vikram kdas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:44 AM

when i insert a pendrive or a memo card windows always asked if u want to scan and fix now bt in last 2 day these things was not found when i insert a pendrive or memo card why?

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:31 AM

Usually, Windows asks you to "scan and repair" an external storage media when it thinks that it's damaged, but sometimes it's just that the way they are "inserted" in the computer let Windows thinks that they are damaged when they aren't.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users