Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microstutter on multi-monitor setup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ZaxanRazor

ZaxanRazor

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:34 PM

This may take some explaining:

I used to have 2x 1080p monitors running off a 970 through HDMI and DP.

I since replaced one of those monitors with a 21:9 2560x1080p.

So now I have one ultrawide and one 16:9 running off of a single 970 through HDMI and DP.

With this new setup, I have regular occurences of micro-stutter on the ultrawide if both screens are running at 60Hz - it lasts for about 2/3 seconds and it is really annoying.

If I run the ultrawide at 59Hz, the microstutter becomes a lot less apparent, but gameplay still is not smooth 100% of the time. Note that with an FPS counter running, the FPS does not drop during these instances of microstutter.

Again, this issue was not present when both monitors were 16:9 @ 1080p.

The Ultrawide is currently running at 80Hz, the other 1080p at 60Hz. Microstutter remains but is not anywhere near as bad as it was.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this? Please do tell me if the explanation is not clear enough.
Note: This is not related to the 3.5GB VRAM issue, it happens even when Hearthstone is the only app running.

Edited by hamluis, 23 February 2015 - 01:15 PM.
Moved from Internal to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ZaxanRazor

ZaxanRazor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:36 PM

Anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic