Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Headache

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 isp28

isp28

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:34 AM

I renewed my Norton in March, so it is supposed to be valid until March 07. Last month I started getting a window that reminded me that updates were available. Clicked on Live update and tried to download the updates but got the code LU9001 "Virus definitions failed authentication". Tried to run autofix, but get "Error on page due to Active X not running". Now all of a sudden, when I try to run Live Update, I get "Product up to date" but it still shows definitions not up to date and says to run Live Update. Norton has been no help at all. It should be noted that I have run scans from Trend Micro and Norton and they show nothing. Also, my son and his buddies have been playing games and downloading music, which coincides with the Norton problem. Any ideas???. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:45 PM

my idea:

Get AVG Free Edition. Its 10 X better than Norton.

Be sure to read the post in this sub-forum entitled "how to remove your Norton products"
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#3 Roniez

Roniez

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2006 - 03:08 AM

and incase u want to keep the ultimate tool...
dont go AVG hence the reason its FREE it isnt that secure...

LU9001
is best solved with reinstalling Liveupdate.
if u get Active X not running, then u havent accepted the Active X controller that is needed for Autofix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users